C-Tran food drive
Donate one canned or nonperishable food item during C-Tran’s food drive through Friday to board any bus for free. Passengers who donate two or more items will receive a pass to ride the fixed route system for free for the day. Acceptable items include canned meat, tuna, soups, fruits and vegetables, peanut butter, uncooked pasta, dry cereal and boxed rice. Donations will be given to Dorcas Ministries Food Pantry. townofcary.org.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The Holly Springs Community Band rehearses at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. hollyspringsband.net.
Pizza and a movie
The Halle will screen “Inside Out” and serve pizza at 6 p.m. at 237 N. Salem St., Apex. Tickets are $5 ($2 for ages 2 and younger). etix.com.
Learn about aromatherapy and make your own sample with essential oils at 6:30 p.m. at the Eva Perry Regional Library, 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Registration is requested: 919-387-2100.
Extension of You Home Care offers a Five Wishes living will workshop from 6:30-8 p.m. at 128 Towerview Court, Cary. Registration is required: 919-372-3583, theextensionofyou.com/living-will.
‘Still Alice’ and ‘The Genius of Marian’
The Cary shows “Still Alice” at 7 p.m. and “The Genius of Marian” at 9:30 p.m. for $5 each at 122 E. Chatham St.
The Eva Perry Regional Library’s “Star Wars” fan fest for teenagers is 7-8 p.m. at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Costumes are encouraged. Registration is required: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Readers Theatre and Family Dance
The Senior Readers Theatre Class presents their work at 10 a.m. at the Halle Cultural Arts Center, 237 N. Salem St., Apex. Admission is free.
The Halle’s Family Dance night is 7-9 p.m. Tickets are $5 per family or $2 per person at the door.
Craft It! Holiday Pop-Up Cards
A card-making workshop for ages 16 and older is at 10:30 a.m. at the Eva Perry Regional Library, 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. All supplies will be provided. Registration is requested: 919-387-2100.
Expressions: A Celebration of Food and Art, a fundraiser celebrating the Lucy Daniels Center’s 25th anniversary, is Friday at The Umstead Hotel and Spa, 100 Woodland Pond Drive, Cary. Cocktails and a silent auction will be at 6 p.m. Dinner and a live auction is at 7:15 p.m. Tickets are $275. lucydanielscenter.org.
The Holly Springs Cultural Center’s Discovery Series of performances is at 7:30 p.m. one Friday each month this fall through spring at 300 W. Ballentine St. Tickets cost $5. Irish music with Nine Times Around will be on Nov. 20.
Singer and songwriter Steve Hartsoe performs from 8-11 p.m. at Niche Wine Lounge, 109 Main St., Holly Springs.
The Dillard Drive Middle School Athletic Boosters Club’s 5K Turkey Trot fundraiser is Saturday morning. Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. ($20 for kids and $30 for adults) and the run and walk starts at 8:30 a.m. at WakeMed Soccer Park, 201 Soccer Park Drive. The event will raise money for the school’s athletic programs. dillarddrivems.wcpss.net.
▪ The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. caryfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open 8 a.m. to noon at 101 Gathering Park Circle, Cary, and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the UNC Wellness Center, 350 Stonecroft Lane, Cary. wwfm.ag.
Holiday Craft Fair
Cary’s Holiday Craft Fair is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place. The fair features handmade gifts by local artists age 50 and up.
Holiday craft sale
Glenaire’s holiday craft sale with works by area artists is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 4000 Glenaire Circle, Cary.
Bluegrass Jam Sessions
The Holly Springs Cultural Center’s Bluegrass Jam Sessions for all ages and skill levels are 2-4 p.m. Saturdays at 300 W. Ballentine St. Bring an instrument and music to share or play along.
Tips for Success in College
Jessica Sanders, an adjunct professor at several universities, will help students and families learn about planning for college and developing skills for school at 2:30 p.m. at the Eva Perry Regional Library, 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Registration is requested: 919-387-2100.
Send calendar items two weeks in advance to email@example.com.
▪ Eva Perry Regional Library hosts stories for babies at 9:30 a.m. Mondays and 11:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Stories for toddlers start at 10:30 a.m. Mondays; 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 10:30 a.m. Fridays. Stories for preschoolers are at 2:30 p.m. Mondays and 11 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Stories for families begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. 919-387-2100.
▪ Barnes & Noble hosts story time for toddlers at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
▪ The West Regional Library’s story time for babies is at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Fridays through Nov. 24 at 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. 919-463-8500.