Cozy Toes Run
The Cozy Toes Run starts at 9 a.m. at Cary Towne Center, 1105 Walnut St. The route is a one-mile loop; runners will compete to run as many laps as they can before 10:30 a.m.
Bring donations of gently used, clean running shoes and new hats and gloves to be distributed to homeless people. Registration for the race costs $15 ($5 off with discount code: FitandAble5). bit.ly/1KD4ekx, FitandableCoach@gmail.com.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
The Cary screens “The Stranger” for $5 at 2 p.m. at 122 E. Chatham St.
Letters to Santa
Kids can mail their letters to Santa starting Monday in Santa’s Mailbox at Cary Town Hall, 316 N. Academy St. Drop off letters by Dec. 12 and include your child’s name and address for a reply.
The West Regional Library’s book group will discuss “Things Fall Apart” by Chinua Achebe from 10:30-11:30 a.m. at 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary.
The Holly Springs Community Band rehearses at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. hollyspringsband.net.
Apex: Town facilities will be closed on Thursday. Garbage will not be collected on Thursday. Solid waste and recycling will be delayed by one day for Thursday and Friday routes.
Cary: Town offices are closed on Thursday and Friday. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday customers’ garbage, recycling and yard waste will be collected one day earlier than usual.
Fuquay-Varina: Town offices will be closed Thursday and Friday.
Holly Springs: Town offices are closed Thursday and Friday. Bass Lake Park will be closed on Thursday. Garbage and recycling that would be picked up Thursday and Friday will be collected a day later.
Morrisville: Town offices are closed Thursday and Friday. Thursday’s green route solid waste pickup will be on Friday instead, and Friday’s yellow route will be picked up on Saturday.
C-Tran and GoTriangle will not operate on Thanksgiving day. GoTriangle will follow a Saturday schedule on Friday. gotriangle.org.
▪ The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. caryfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open 8 a.m. to noon at 101 Gathering Park Circle, Cary, and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the UNC Wellness Center, 350 Stonecroft Lane, Cary. wwfm.ag.
Bluegrass Jam Sessions
The Holly Springs Cultural Center’s Bluegrass Jam Sessions for all ages and skill levels are 2-4 p.m. Saturdays at 300 W. Ballentine St. Bring an instrument and music to share or play along.
Post-Turkey Day Jam Benefit
The annual concert at The Cary theater, 122 E. Chatham St., is at 8 p.m. Saturday. It features Jon Shain, the Parsons, Dave Burney and the Gravy Boys. Proceeds will benefit the Town of Cary’s Relief for Recreation Scholarship Program and the Inter-Faith Council for Social Service. Tickets are $10 to $25. 919-462-2051, thecarytheater.com.
Send calendar items two weeks in advance to email@example.com.
▪ Eva Perry Regional Library hosts stories for babies at 9:30 a.m. Mondays and 11:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Stories for toddlers start at 10:30 a.m. Mondays; 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 10:30 a.m. Fridays. Stories for preschoolers are at 2:30 p.m. Mondays and 11 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Stories for families begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. 919-387-2100.
▪ Barnes & Noble hosts story time for toddlers at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
▪ The West Regional Library’s story time for babies is at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Fridays through Nov. 24 at 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. 919-463-8500.