The Holly Springs Community Band rehearses at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. hollyspringsband.net.
Thrift 2 Gift’s story time for families is 10:30-11 a.m. Thursdays at 1402 E. Williams St., Apex.
The Fuquay-Varina Arts Council’s third annual Art Extravaganza runs from Thursday through Sunday at 405 Broad St. There will be a crafters’ market, entertainment, exhibitions and a kids’ craft corner. Pictures with Santa will be from 4-7 p.m. Friday, noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and 1-5 p.m. Sunday.
Jewish Cultural Festival
Cary’s Jewish Cultural Festival is 5-7 p.m. at the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. There will be food trucks, vendors, music and crafts for kids. Donations for the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina will be accepted.
Program preview and coloring
A winter program preview with the West Regional Library and a coloring session for adults is 5-7 p.m. at 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary.
Book fair and magnet information session
Reedy Creek Middle School will hold a book fair event at Barnes & Noble Booksellers in Cary, which will include holiday shopping and presentations. At 6 p.m., Principal Trent Evans will present information about the school’s transition to become Cary’s first magnet middle school next fall – “The Center for Digital Sciences.” At 6:30 p.m., the school’s Trumpet and Flute Ensembles will perform traditional holiday music. At 7 p.m., local award-winning young adult author, Elizabeth Langston, will discuss how she researches and creates her books, including the “Whisper Falls” series. At 7:30pm, people can learn programming basics.
Movies at The Cary
The Cary theater will show holiday movies in December at 122 E. Chatham St. All tickets are $5. thecarytheater.com.
▪ “It’s a Wonderful Life” at 7 p.m. Thursday.
▪ “Elf” at 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
Holiday Potluck Celebration
The Holiday Potluck Celebration for ages 55 and older is 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place. Bring a dish to share. To join in the gift exchange, bring a wrapped gift worth $5 to $10. 919-469-4081.
Holly Springs Main Street Christmas
Holly Springs’ Main Street Christmas is 6-8 p.m. downtown. The annual tree lighting will be at 8 p.m. on the Cultural Center lawn at 300 W. Ballentine St.
Santa will visit Town Hall until 7:30 p.m. at 128 S. Main St. There will be hayrides down Ballentine Street, crafts and stories with Mrs. Claus at the Cultural Center. The Holly Springs High School Concert Choir will perform at Town Hall.
For details and more Main Street Christmas events, go to bit.ly/1YgC88z.
▪ The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. caryfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open 9:30 a.m. to noon at 101 Gathering Park Circle, Cary. wwfm.ag.
Happy Holly Days parade
The Happy Holly Days Christmas Parade in downtown Holly Springs will be 11 a.m. to noon.
Wreaths Across America
Boy Scout Troop 213 will honor current and former service members with a Wreaths Across America ceremony at noon at Hillcrest Cemetery in Cary. If you are using a GPS, use the address 608 Page St.
Cary Jaycees Christmas Parade
The annual parade in downtown Cary is from 2-4 p.m. The parade has a new route because of road construction. It will start at East Chatham Street at the roundabout and end at the West Chatham Street roundabout. More detailed information will be available closer to the parade. caryjaycees.org.
Bluegrass Jam Sessions
The Holly Springs Cultural Center’s Bluegrass Jam Sessions for all ages and skill levels are 2-4 p.m. Saturdays at 300 W. Ballentine St. Bring an instrument and music to share or play along.
Rockin’ Reindeer Hop
The Rockin’ Reindeer Hop for teenagers and adults with disabilities, ages 14 and older, is 7-9:30 p.m. at the Apex Community Center, 53 Hunter St. Admission is $5 in cash.
Any participant who needs close assistance or supervision must bring a chaperone. Admission is free for chaperones.
Send calendar items two weeks in advance to email@example.com.
▪ Eva Perry Regional Library hosts stories for babies at 9:30 a.m. Mondays and 11:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Stories for toddlers start at 10:30 a.m. Mondays; 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 10:30 a.m. Fridays. Stories for preschoolers are at 2:30 p.m. Mondays and 11 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Stories for families begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. 919-387-2100.
▪ Barnes & Noble hosts story time for toddlers at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
▪ The West Regional Library’s story time for babies is at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Fridays through Nov. 24 at 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. 919-463-8500.