Knights of Columbus fundraiser
The Knights of Columbus Fr. H. Charles Mulholland Assembly 2983 will hold a fundraiser for the group’s community service activities all day Wednesday at City Barbeque, 1305 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. The restaurant will donate 25 percent of proceeds to the group.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Holly Springs seniors can play Bingo from 1-3 p.m. every first and third Wednesday of the month at Bass Lake Park, 900 Bass Lake Road. Bingo cards cost $1 and there will be cash prizes of up to $10.
The Holly Springs Community Band rehearses at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. hollyspringsband.net.
Thrift 2 Gift’s story time for families is 10:30-11 a.m. Thursdays at 1402 E. Williams St., Apex.
Movies at the Halle
The Halle Cultural Arts Center hosts Pizza and a Movie with “Minions” at 6 p.m. at 237 N. Salem St., Apex.
Tickets are $5 each ($2 for ages 2 and younger). bit.ly/1XSQS0w.
Deb Oronzio leads a workshop, Design A Career You Would Love, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the West Regional Library, 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. Call to register: 919-463-8500.
‘Powerful Medicine: Simply Magic’
“Powerful Medicine: Simply Magic” will be shown at 7 p.m. at The Cary, 122 E. Chatham St. A question-and-answer session with director Kevin Spencer will follow. Tickets cost $5.
Movies at The Cary
The Cary theater will show holiday movies in December at 122 E. Chatham St. All tickets are $5 except for “White Christmas,” which costs $7.50. thecarytheater.com.
▪ “Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas” at 9 p.m. Thursday.
▪ A sing-along with “White Christmas” at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Saturday.
Volunteers will wrap Christmas presents to raise donations for Second Chance Pet Adoptions from noon to 9 p.m. this Friday through Wednesday, Dec. 23, and noon to 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 24, between Marshall’s and Petco at Crossroads Plaza in Cary. secondchancenc.org.
Oak City Brass plays classical Christmas music in the Holly Springs Cultural Center’s Discovery Series at 7:30 p.m. at 300 W. Ballentine St. Tickets are $5.
“Winterfest ’15” with the Cary Town Band is at 7:30 p.m. at the Cary Senior Center Ballroom at Bond Park, 120 Maury Odell Place. The band plays music for Christmas, Hanukkah, the Winter Solstice and the New Year.
▪ The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. caryfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open 9:30 a.m. to noon at 101 Gathering Park Circle, Cary. wwfm.ag.
Holly Springs’ Winter Market is open from 9:30 a.m. to noon in the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St.
Bluegrass Jam Sessions
The Holly Springs Cultural Center’s Bluegrass Jam Sessions for all ages and skill levels are 2-4 p.m. Saturdays at 300 W. Ballentine St. Bring an instrument and music to share or play along.
Send calendar items two weeks in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Eva Perry Regional Library hosts stories for babies at 9:30 a.m. Mondays and 11:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Stories for toddlers start at 10:30 a.m. Mondays; 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 10:30 a.m. Fridays. Stories for preschoolers are at 2:30 p.m. Mondays and 11 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Stories for families begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. 919-387-2100.
▪ Barnes & Noble hosts story time for toddlers at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
▪ The West Regional Library’s story time for babies is at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Fridays through Nov. 24 at 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. 919-463-8500.