Volunteers will wrap Christmas presents to raise donations for Second Chance Pet Adoptions from noon to 9 p.m. through Wednesday and noon to 6 p.m. Thursday between Marshall’s and Petco at Crossroads Plaza in Cary. secondchancenc.org.
Christmas movies at The Cary
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
The Cary theater will show holiday movies in December at 122 E. Chatham St. All tickets are $5 except for “White Christmas,” which costs $7.50. thecarytheater.com.
▪ A sing-along with “White Christmas” at 2 p.m. Sunday.
▪ “The Polar Express” at 7 p.m. Thursday.
AlexSandra Lett, author of “The Harvest, Timeless Lessons for an Abundant Life,” will sign books from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at The Matthews House, 317 W. Chatham St.
Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina and Morrisville town offices will be closed from Wednesday through Friday. Holly Springs town offices are closed on Thursday and Friday.
In Apex, garbage and recycling collection for Friday customers will be picked up on Saturday. In Cary, garbage, recycling and yard waste for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be collected one day earlier than usual. In Fuquay-Varina, Thursday and Friday customers’ garbage will both be picked up on Thursday. In Holly Springs, Friday’s collection is delayed by one day. In Morrisville, Friday’s yellow route will be picked up on Saturday.
C-Tran’s fixed route service won’t operate on Thursday or Friday.
The Holly Springs Community Band rehearses at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. hollyspringsband.net.
Thrift 2 Gift’s story time for families is 10:30-11 a.m. Thursdays at 1402 E. Williams St., Apex.
▪ The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. caryfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open 9:30 a.m. to noon at 101 Gathering Park Circle, Cary. wwfm.ag.
Bluegrass Jam Sessions
The Holly Springs Cultural Center’s Bluegrass Jam Sessions for all ages and skill levels are 2-4 p.m. Saturdays at 300 W. Ballentine St. Bring an instrument and music to share or play along.
‘Meet the Patels’ and ‘Life’
The Cary theater will screen “Meet the Patels” at 2 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Saturday at 122 E. Chatham St. “Life” will be shown at 7 p.m. this Saturday and again at 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets for each movie cost $5. thecarytheater.com.
Send calendar items two weeks in advance to email@example.com.
▪ Eva Perry Regional Library hosts stories for babies at 9:30 a.m. Mondays and 11:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Stories for toddlers start at 10:30 a.m. Mondays; 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 10:30 a.m. Fridays. Stories for preschoolers are at 2:30 p.m. Mondays and 11 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Stories for families begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. 919-387-2100.
▪ Barnes & Noble hosts story time for toddlers at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
▪ The West Regional Library’s story time for babies is at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Fridays through Nov. 24 at 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. 919-463-8500.