• Police reported an attempted break-in to a residence on the 400 block of South Greensboro Street between Oct. 28 and Oct. 29 and another break-in to a home on the 400 block of N.C. 54 Oct. 29 in which a window was forced open to enter and steal property.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
• Tyrone Churell Davis, 45, of 223 North Graham St. was charged Oct. 31 with second-degree rape, police reported.
• Karl Norman McKay Jr., 32, of 309 Derby Road, Jacksonville, was charged Oct. 27 with felony fugitive from another state, police reported.
• Maik Uwe Ulrich, 22, of 333 W. Rosemary St. Apt. 415 was charged Oct. 26 with felony assault by strangulation and misdemeanor assault on a female, police reported.
• Police reported an attempted strong-arm robbery on the 100 block of West Rosemary Street Oct. 28 around 1:40 a.m. in which the victim was left uninjured.
• Police reported a break-in to a home on the 200 block of Mitchell Lane Oct. 29 in which entrance was gained through an unlocked window and property including a computer and liquor was stolen.
• Dalton Shea Orr, 18, was charged Oct. 30 with felony obtaining property by false pretense, police reported.
• Edward Leroy Brodie Jr., 42, was charged Oct. 30 with felony breaking and entering and felony larceny after breaking and entering, police reported.
• James Gorham Jr., 44, was charged Oct. 28 with felony possession of cocaine and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, police reported.
• Yasunarys Carus-Delgado, 33, was charged Oct. 24 with felony probation violation, police reported.
• Police reported break-ins to:
- a home on the 6300 block of Harmony Church Road in the Efland area Oct. 29 in which the resident left for a few moments and came back to find the door forced open and items taken.
- a residence on the 1600 block of Mill Creek Road in the Efland area Oct. 29 in which the back door was forced in and costume jewelry stolen.
- a home on the 1000 block of Pintail Drive in the Mebane area Oct. 29 in which a window was broken to gain entry.
- a residence on the 6600 block of U.S. 70 West Oct. 26.
• Police reported the larceny of an automobile from alongside the I-40 exit ramp at New Hope Church Road Oct. 26 in which the owner had left the car inoperable and upon returning the next day, found it had been stolen.
Compiled by correspondent Carlton Koonce