▪ Krista Marie Holley, 21, of 400 Davie Road 30 was charged Aug. 6 with felony financial card theft, felony identity theft and misdemeanor financial card fraud, police reported.
▪ Robert Phillip Huelle, 56, of 1509 High School Road, Chapel Hill was charged Aug. 5 with felony indecent liberties, police reported.
▪ Jose De Jesus Molina Jauregui, 29, of 501 N.C. 54 B1 was charged Aug. 1 with felony assault by strangulation and misdemeanor assault on a female, police reported.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Police reported a burglary on the 300 block of Broad Street Aug. 4 just before midnight in which a suspect entered a closed, screened back porch and attempted to kick through a sliding glass door before being yelled at by the homeowner and fleeing.
▪ Police reported a break-in to a home on the 100 block of Culbreth Road between Aug. 1 and Aug. 2.
▪ William Datus Allen Horton, 21, of 1100 Roosevelt Drive 2 was charged Aug. 3 with felony possession with intent to sell or deliver marijuana and felony sell and deliver of marijuana, police reported.
▪ Brandon Desha Penny, 26, of 55 Evie Burnett Plantation Road, Pittsboro was charged Aug. 2 with felony identity theft, felony possession of cocaine and misdemeanor resisting arrest, police reported.
▪ Heath William Sewell, 35, of 104 Pinegate Circle Apt. 2 was charged Aug. 1 with several felony counts of sell and deliver of heroin, felony possession with intent to sell or deliver heroin, felony maintain a vehicle, dwelling or place for a controlled substance, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia and misdemeanor resisting arrest, police reported.
▪ Police reported break-ins to:
- a home on the 1200 block of Ephesus Church Road Aug. 4
- a residence on the 100 block of Tharrington Drive Aug. 3 in which an attempt to open a window was made.
- a home on the 100 block of Creel Street Aug. 2 in which the locked front door was kicked in.
▪ Police reported an armed robbery on the 700 block of Church Street Aug. 1 around 8:00 a.m. in which one of two victims was hit in the head with a handgun, resulting in minor injuries, and had their car stolen.
▪ Hillsborough police charged Walter Neil Morrow, 46, Aug. 7 with felony assault by strangulation, the sheriff’s office reported.
▪ The sheriff’s office reported break-ins to a pair of churches with one on the 3400 block of Old Greensboro Road Aug. 6 in which a glass door was broken out to enter and take property and another on the 1800 block of Jones Ferry Road Aug. 6 in which a rear window was removed.
Compiled by correspondent Carlton Koonce
Coffee with a Cop
Officers with the Carrboro Police Department will be at The Looking Glass Cafe, 601 W. Main St., for a Coffee with a Cop event from 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 29.
There are no agendas, no speeches and no “canned” answers. You can attend and ask any questions you like about law enforcement in Carrboro, law enforcement in general, safety, security and anything else you see fit. Let the staff of Looking Glass know you are there for Coffee with a Cop; your first cup of coffee is on the Police Department.