▪ Javari Thompson, 18, of 800 Pritchard Ave. C15 was charged Nov. 6 with two felony counts of probation violation, police reported.
▪ James Neil Slater, 52, of 108 W. Rosemary St. was charged Nov. 5 with felony possession of cocaine, misdemeanor possession of stolen goods, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia and misdemeanor resisting arrest, police reported.
▪ Logan Sinclair Gray, 21, of 500 Umstead Drive 308F was charged Oct. 30 with felony possession of stolen goods and felony maintaining a dwelling for controlled substances, police reported.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
▪ Jason Maurice Patterson, 23, of 500 Umstead Drive 308F was charged Oct. 30 with felony possession of stolen goods and felony maintaining a vehicle, dwelling or place for controlled substances, police reported.
▪ Police reported a pair of armed robberies Nov. 1 with the first occurring in a parking area on the 100 block of Ashley Forest Road around 5 p.m. in which a victim had a wallet stolen at gunpoint. The next incident occurred just before 6 p.m. on the 200 block of Mitchell Lane and resulted in two victims being robbed of cash and phones at gunpoint. In each event the victims were left uninjured.
▪ Police reported break-ins to homes on:
- the 300 block of McCauley Street Nov. 4.
- the 500 block of East Franklin Street Nov. 2 in which an attempt to enter was made by breaking a window.
- the 400 block of Church Street Oct. 31.
- the 100 block of Isley Street Oct. 31.
- the 100 block of Priestly Creek Drive Oct. 31 in which a window was pried open to enter and steal electronics.
- the 700 block of Trinity Court Oct. 31.
- the 100 block of Kingston Drive Oct. 31 in which jewelry and electronics were stolen.
- a home on the 400 block of Whitaker Street Oct. 28 in which an open window was entered to steal gaming consoles and games.
- the 600 block of South Heritage Loop Oct. 27 just before 3:30 a.m. in which a balcony was climbed to gain entrance through an unlocked door.
- a residence on the 300 block of Columbia Place Oct. 26 in which an attempt to enter was made.
- a residence on the 100 block of East Longview Street sometime between Oct. 25 and Oct. 28 in which a computer was stolen.
- an unlocked home on the 100 block of East Longview Street Oct. 25 in which electronics were stolen.
- a home on the 100 block of McMasters Street Oct. 25 in which the front door was kicked in to enter and steal electronics.
- the 200 block of McMasters Street Oct. 24 around 11:15 p.m. in which the unlocked, occupied home was entered and property stolen.
Police reported break-ins to:
▪ Chrisbeth Lopez Martorell, 27, of 601 Jones Ferry Road J7 was charged Nov. 2 with six felony counts of embezzlement, police reported.
▪ Police reported a pair of burglaries with the first incident occurring on the 200 block of Old Fayetteville Road sometime during the late night hours of Nov. 1 and the early morning of Nov. 2 in which an unlocked back door was used to enter. The other burglary took place on the 100 block of Old Pittsboro Road during the late night of Oct. 31 and the early morning of Nov. 1 in which electronics and cash was stolen.
▪ Daniel Alton Miller, 19, was charged Nov. 5 with felony safecracking and misdemeanor larceny, the sheriffs office reported.
▪ Sarah Denise Bigelow, 27, was charged Nov. 3 with felony probation violation, the sheriffs office reported.
▪ Chapel Hill police charged David Michael Edwards Jr., 26, Oct. 28 with felony second-degree rape, the sheriff's office reported.
▪ Samuel Charles Sidney Lloyd, 24, was charged Oct. 26 with felony larceny of cattle, felony larceny of a firearm and felony weapon possession by a felon, the sheriff's office reported.
▪ The sheriffs office reported break-ins to:
- a home on the 7400 block of Bowman Road Nov. 3.
- a residence on the 3100 block of Gym Road Nov. 3.
- a residence on the 900 block of Ritz Way Nov. 3.
- a business on the 5400 block of U.S. 70 West Nov. 3
- a home on the 8800 block of Old N.C. 86 Oct. 31.
- a residence on the 3900 block of N.C. 54 West Oct. 31.
- a home on the 9700 block of La Mesa Lane Oct. 24 in which the home's window was broken and the screen removed to gain entrance and steal cash.
Compiled from police and sheriff’s reports by correspondent Carlton Koonce