▪ Gladys Noell Laney, 58, of 421 Jack Bennett Road, Chapel Hill was charged May 22 with felony forgery of instrument, felony uttering or attempt of endorsement and felony obtaining property by false pretense, police reported.
▪ Brian Jair Aguilar, 20, of 200 Barnes St. E11 was charged May 21 with felony assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury and felony extortion, police reported.
▪ Karen Leann Martin, 36, of 306 Estes Drive Ext. A19, Carrboro was charged May 20 with felony obtaining property by false pretense, felony providing a false statement for insurance benefit and misdemeanor filing a false police report, police reported.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Marcus Wayne Farrow Jr., 23, of 104 Partin St. was charged May 27 with felony assault by strangulation, felony receiving or possessing a stolen motor vehicle, felony kidnapping, misdemeanor assault on a female, misdemeanor damage to personal property and misdemeanor interfering with emergency communications, police reported.
▪ Alexander Saavedra Hernandez, 25, of 1575 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd 33, was charged May 26 with second-degree rape, police reported.
▪ Antonio Lamont McNair, 48, of 700 Roxboro St. B, Durham was charged May 24 with felony breaking and entering, police reported.
▪ Jamie Michelle Carroll, 40, of 415 N. Colombia St. 3 was charged May 24 with felony larceny of a motor vehicle, police reported.
▪ Andre Amon Thompson, 40, of 845 Horton Road, Durham was charged May 15 with felony probation violation, police reported.
▪ Police reported break-ins to homes on:
– the 800 block of Christopher Road May 21 in which a window was used to enter and steal a computer and identification paperwork.
– the 200 block of North Roberson Street May 21.
Hillsborough and Orange County
▪ Tameka Renee Gueye, 40, was charged May 26 with felony failure to appear, the sheriff’s office reported.
▪ Edward Dean Ferrell, 23, was charged May 23 with felony second-degree forcible rape and felony statutory rape of a child 15 years old or younger, the sheriff’s office reported.
▪ Ronnie Alvernon Gray, 50, was charged May 19 with felony assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury and assault, the sheriff’s office reported.
▪ Victor Manuel-Patrick Lopez, 19, was charged May 16 with numerous felonies including breaking and entering, obtaining property by false pretense, sell and deliver of marijuana, weapon possession by a felon and probation violation, the sheriff’s office reported.
▪ Torrie Chevar Jones, 38, was charged May 16 with felony fugitive from another state, the sheriff’s office reported.
▪ Hillsborough police charged Adrianna May Leblanc, 31, May 14 with felony motor vehicle theft, felony possessing a stolen vehicle and misdemeanor larceny, the sheriff’s office reported.
▪ The sheriff’s office reported a break-in at a business on the 100 block of N.C. 86 around 2 a.m. May 25 in which a brick was thrown through a window and someone stole 60 packs of cigarettes and lighters.
Compiled from police and sheriff’s reports by correspondent Carlton Koonce
New tip line
The Hillsborough Police Department has created a phone number to allow callers to anonymously leave information about criminal activity.
The Tip Line, 919-732-3975, is not answered by police and is routed directly to voicemail. It is separate from the main phone system used by the department and does not record callers’ phone numbers. If callers wish to be contacted, they must leave a name and phone number.
Callers are encouraged to leave as much information as possible, including locations of the activity and identities, addresses and vehicle descriptions for suspects and their associates. When reporting drug-related activity, callers are asked to report which drugs are involved, if known.