The Orange County Public Library’s Main Library and Carrboro Branch Library will close early at 6 p.m. Wednesday. All locations will be closed on Thursday and Friday. The Chapel Hill Public Library will be closed Thursday and Friday.
Carrboro town offices will be closed on Thursday and Friday. Garbage that would normally be collected Wednesday, Thursday or Friday will be picked up two days early. Recycling will not be picked up on Thursday.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Chapel Hill town offices are closed on Thursday and Friday. Chapel Hill Transit will not operate on Thursday and will follow a Saturday service schedule on both Friday and Saturday. More details on Chapel Hill Transit, garbage and recycling collection and closings are online: townofchapelhill.org/holiday.
Carrboro Farmers’ Market
The Carrboro Farmers’ Market is open 3-6 p.m. at 301 W. Main St.
▪ The Carrboro Farmers’ Market is open from 7 a.m. to noon in the Carrboro Town Commons beside Town Hall at 301 W. Main St.
▪ The Chapel Hill Farmers’ Market is open from 9 a.m. to noon every Saturday at 201 S. Estes Drive.
Small Business Saturday
Businesses in downtown Carrboro will participate in Small Business Saturday. Details and information on stores’ discounts are online: localcarrboro.com/events.
The Chapel Hill Public Library will have writing parties from noon to 5 p.m. Saturdays in meeting room C at 100 Library Drive. chapelhillpubliclibrary.org.
Please send calendar items to email@example.com.
▪ The Chapel Hill Public Library offers health insurance signup assistance during the open enrollment period from Nov. 1 through Jan. 31. To make an appointment to meet with Certified Application Counselors and Navigators, call 919-968-2780 or go to chapelhillpubliclibrary.org.
▪ N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission and the Chatham County Center of North Carolina Extension Service host a series of free workshops for local landowners. Workshops will be on Nov. 16 and Jan. 9. Register by email with “wildlife” in the subject line: firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Meet to send books to people in prison 1-4 p.m. Sundays at 621 Hillsborough Road, Carrboro. prisonbooks.info.
▪ Overeaters Anonymous meets 4-5 p.m. Sundays at Carrboro United Methodist Church, 200 Hillsborough Road. 919-360-3789.
▪ Breastfeeding Cafe, an informal drop-in for breastfeeding moms, is 10-11 a.m. Mondays at the Red Hen, University Mall, 201 S. Estes Drive.
▪ Women 55 and older walk trails in Meadowmont at 3:30 p.m. Mondays. 919-967-4054, email@example.com.
▪ Anorexia Bulimia Anonymous, a 12-step program for people with eating disorders, meets 7-8 p.m. Mondays in room 17 at Binkley Baptist Church, 1712 Willow Drive, Chapel Hill. triangleaba.wix.com/meeting.
▪ Overeaters Anonymous meets from 7-8 p.m. Mondays at Carrboro United Methodist Church, 200 Hillsborough Road: 919-259-2843. Meetings are also held from 6-7 p.m. Tuesdays at Evergreen United Methodist Church, U.S. 15-501: 919-933-1355. Another group meets 12:30-1:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrboro United Methodist Church, 200 Hillsborough Road. This group meets in the white building beside the main church building, directly across from Looking Glass Cafe.
▪ Gamblers Anonymous meets at 7:30 p.m. Mondays at Amity United Methodist Church, 825 Estes Drive. Call Tom at 919-460-9039.
▪ A 12-step program for relatives and friends of addicts meets 8-9 p.m. Mondays at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 3638 Chapel Hill Road, Durham. 919-596-2915, nar-anon.org.
▪ A needlework group that creates knitted and crocheted items for charities meets 1-2:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the Chapel Hill Public Library, 100 Library Drive, Chapel Hill, in Meeting Room A. 919-968-2780.
▪ Residents 50 and up play bingo from 2-3:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the Carrboro Century Center, 100 N. Greensboro St., Carrboro. 919-918-7364.
▪ A Meditation 101 class introduces beginners to meditation from 7-8:15 p.m. every Tuesday at Kosala Buddhist Center, 711 W. Rosemary St., Suite E, Carrboro. Walk-ins are welcome. meditationinchapelhill.org, KosalaEPC@gmail.com.
▪ UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Cancer Support Program will hold a free monthly educational series of “cancer conversations” from 7-8:30 p.m. every third Tuesday at Carolina Pointe II, 6011 Farrington Road. RSVP. 919-445-5336, unclineberger.org.
▪ The Chapel Hill Zen Center hosts a group with a Buddhist perspective on 12-step programs at 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 5322 N.C. 86. Meetings begin with 20 minutes of silent meditation. 919-265-7600, ZenandRecovery@gmail.com.
▪ The Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance support group meets from 7:30-9 p.m. Tuesdays at Binkley Baptist Church, 1712 Willow Drive. 919-533-9510.
▪ The UNC Division of Geriatric Medicine and Charles House Association holds a caregivers support group meeting every third Wednesday from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UNC Wellness Center at Meadowmont. 919-967-7570, firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ The Optimist Club of Chapel Hill meets at 5:30 p.m. on the first, second and third Wednesdays of the month at the Bob Evans restaurant, 5419 Chapel Hill Blvd., Durham. New members are welcome.
▪ The People of Color Meditation Group meets 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesdays at the Chapel Hill Zen Center, 5322 N.C. 86. For details, email Conal or Kriti: email@example.com.
▪ An introduction to Buddhist philosophy, psychology and meditation will be from 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Kosala Buddhist Center, 711 W. Rosemary St., Suite E, Carrboro. meditationinchapelhill.org, KosalaEPC@gmail.com.
▪ Chess players are invited to the Orange County Main Library from 6-7 p.m. Thursdays on the second floor of the library at 137 W. Margaret Lane, Hillsborough. If you plan to time games, bring your own clock or timer. Ages 10 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
▪ Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meets from 10:30 a.m. to noon Fridays at the United Church of Chapel Hill, 1321 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. foodaddicts.org.
To add your club to the calendar or update your group’s meeting time or location, send information two weeks in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.