‘The American President’
William Leuchtenburg will talk about his book, “The American President,” at 2 p.m. at Flyleaf Books, 752 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Chapel Hill.
Health & Fitness Coffee Chat
A discussion for women who are between 30 and 55 years old will be 3-4 p.m. at Caribou Coffee, 1406 E. Franklin St., Chapel Hill.
Organizers are looking for input while they design a women’s retreat in the area. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘The Little Prince’
Carrboro High School students present “The Little Prince” at 2:30 p.m. at 201 Rock Haven Road, Carrboro. Admission is $5 for students and $10 for adults.
Olympia Snowe speaks at UNC
Former Senator Olympia Snowe will give the annual Weatherspoon Lecture, “What’s Gone Wrong in Washington, and Why It Doesn’t Have to Be This Way,” at 5:30 p.m. in Koury Auditorium at UNC-Chapel Hill.
‘Poster Child: The Kemba Smith Story’
The Kappa Omicron Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority’s lecture on domestic violence will be at 6:30 p.m. at the Sonja Haynes Stone Center for Black Culture and History, 150 South Road, Chapel Hill.
Planting Seeds Sangha
The Planting Seeds Sangha group meets to study and practice the Buddha’s teachings on mindfulness and meditation from 7:30-9 p.m. Wednesdays at the Church of the Advocate, 8410 Merin Road, Chapel Hill. Newcomers are welcome and no experience is necessary.
The Emerson Waldorf School screens the documentary “Miss Representation” at 7 p.m. in the Brown Wing at 6211 New Jericho Road, Chapel Hill. 919-967-1858, emersonwaldorf.org.
▪ The Carrboro Farmers’ Market is open from 9 a.m. to noon in the Carrboro Town Commons beside Town Hall at 301 W. Main St.
▪ The Chapel Hill Farmers’ Market is open from 9 a.m. to noon every Saturday at 201 S. Estes Drive.
A free event with the North Carolina Bar Association’s Young Lawyer’s Division is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in meeting room B of the Chapel Hill Public Library, 100 Library Drive.
Those to attend will be able to meet with a lawyer one-on-one to talk about any legal questions or issues.
The Communiversity Youth Program’s Step Groups perform at 3 p.m. in meeting room B of the Chapel Hill Public Library. bit.ly/1lSnohr.
Please send calendar items to email@example.com.
▪ Cornucopia House Cancer Support Center offers a free Restorative Yoga class for anyone affected by cancer from 9:30-11 a.m. Sundays at Blue Point Yoga Studio, 2816 Erwin Road, Durham. 919-401-9333.
▪ Meet to send books to people in prison 1-4 p.m. Sundays at 621 Hillsborough Road, Carrboro. prisonbooks.info.
▪ Overeaters Anonymous meets 4-5 p.m. Sundays at Carrboro United Methodist Church, 200 Hillsborough Road. 919-360-3789.
▪ Breastfeeding Cafe, an informal drop-in for breastfeeding moms, is 10-11 a.m. Mondays at the Red Hen, University Mall, 201 S. Estes Drive.
▪ A yoga class by the UNC Comprehensive Cancer Support Program for people with cancer, caregivers and cancer survivors is 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Mondays at Carolina Pointe II, 6011 Farrington Road. Each class costs $5. unclineberger.org.
▪ Women 55 and older walk trails in Meadowmont at 3:30 p.m. Mondays. 919-967-4054, firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Anorexia Bulimia Anonymous, a 12-step program for people with eating disorders, meets 7-8 p.m. Mondays in room 17 at Binkley Baptist Church, 1712 Willow Drive, Chapel Hill. triangleaba.wix.com/meeting.
▪ Overeaters Anonymous meets from 7-8 p.m. Mondays at Carrboro United Methodist Church, 200 Hillsborough Road: 919-259-2843. Meetings are also held from 6-7 p.m. Tuesdays at Evergreen United Methodist Church, U.S. 15-501: 919-933-1355. Another group meets 12:30-1:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrboro United Methodist Church, 200 Hillsborough Road. This group meets in the white building beside the main church building, directly across from Looking Glass Cafe.
▪ Gamblers Anonymous meets at 7:30 p.m. Mondays at Amity United Methodist Church, 825 Estes Drive. Call Tom at 919-460-9039.
▪ A 12-step program for relatives and friends of addicts meets 8-9 p.m. Mondays at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 3638 Chapel Hill Road, Durham. 919-596-2915, nar-anon.org.
▪ Cornucopia House Cancer Support Center offers a free Restorative Yoga class for anyone affected by cancer from 10-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays at St. Thomas More Catholic Church, 940 Carmichael St., Chapel Hill. 919-401-9333.
▪ A needlework group that creates knitted and crocheted items for charities meets 1-2:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the Chapel Hill Public Library, 100 Library Drive, Chapel Hill, in Meeting Room A. 919-968-2780.
▪ Residents 50 and up play bingo from 2-3:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the Carrboro Century Center, 100 N. Greensboro St., Carrboro. 919-918-7364.
▪ A Meditation 101 class introduces beginners to meditation from 7-8:15 p.m. every Tuesday at Kosala Buddhist Center, 711 W. Rosemary St., Suite E, Carrboro. Walk-ins are welcome. meditationinchapelhill.org, KosalaEPC@gmail.com.
▪ The Chapel Hill Zen Center hosts a group with a Buddhist perspective on 12-step programs at 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 5322 N.C. 86. Meetings begin with 20 minutes of silent meditation. 919-265-7600, ZenandRecovery@gmail.com.
▪ The Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance support group meets from 7:30-9 p.m. Tuesdays at Binkley Baptist Church, 1712 Willow Drive. 919-533-9510.
▪ The Optimist Club of Chapel Hill meets at 5:30 p.m. on the first, second and third Wednesdays of the month at the Bob Evans restaurant, 5419 Chapel Hill Blvd., Durham. New members are welcome.
▪ The People of Color Meditation Group meets 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesdays at the Chapel Hill Zen Center, 5322 N.C. 86. For details, email Conal or Kriti: email@example.com.
▪ An introduction to Buddhist philosophy, psychology and meditation will be from 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Kosala Buddhist Center, 711 W. Rosemary St., Suite E, Carrboro. meditationinchapelhill.org, KosalaEPC@gmail.com.
▪ Chess players are invited to the Orange County Main Library from 6-7 p.m. Thursdays on the second floor of the library at 137 W. Margaret Lane, Hillsborough. If you plan to time games, bring your own clock or timer. Ages 10 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
▪ Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meets from 10:30 a.m. to noon Fridays at the United Church of Chapel Hill, 1321 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. foodaddicts.org.
To add your club to the calendar or update your group’s meeting time or location, send information two weeks in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming rescheduled events
▪ The Chapel Hill Public Library’s Book Group Bash has been postponed. Planners are still looking for a new date.
▪ Dr. Niklaus Steiner’s lecture, “The Current Refugee Crisis in Europe,” with the Shared Learning Association has been rescheduled for 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 12, at the Expand Church, 114 Weaver Dairy Road, Chapel Hill. 703-329-2933.