The Small Business Center at Johnston Community College has scheduled the following free seminars. For more information, or to register, call Shelley Gardner at 919-209-2591, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to http://www.johnstoncc.edu/sbcseminars.aspx.
How to Do the 501(c)3 Thing – 6-9 p.m. Tuesday, April 8, at the Johnston County Workforce Development Center, 135 Bestwood Drive, Clayton. Most nonprofits are small businesses with few employees. Will your nonprofit accept donations and volunteers? Will contributions to your organization be deductible? How do you set up the organization? Come to the seminar for answers.
Grant Writing 101 – 6-9 p.m. Tuesday, April 15, at the Johnston County Workforce Development Center, 135 Bestwood Drive, Clayton. Learn the basics of writing grant proposals for nonprofits.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Grant Writing 102 – 6-9 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, at the Johnston County Workforce Development Center, 135 Bestwood Drive, Clayton. Gain more knowledge for writing grant proposals for nonprofits.
How to Sell to the Government – 10 a.m.-noon Wednesday, April 30, at the Johnston County Workforce Development Center, 135 Bestwood Drive, Clayton.
10 Steps to Starting Your Own Business – 6-9 p.m. Monday, May 5, at the Cleveland Center, 9046 Cleveland Road in the Cleveland community. Topics include market research, business structure, taxes, marketing and record keeping.
Business Side of a Faith-Based Organization – 6-9 p.m. Tuesday, May 13, at the Johnston County Workforce Development Center, 135 Bestwood Drive, Clayton. Learn the proper business structure, board organization, volunteer management, business tips and more.
Leadercast in Benson
On May 9, community and business leaders can access the knowledge and experience of world-renowned leaders by attending Leadercast Johnston County at the Benson Conference Center in Benson.
This year’s speaker lineup includes:
• Andy Stanley, leadership author and communicator.
• Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nobel laureate and human-rights activist live from Cape Town, South Africa.
• Malcolm Gladwell, journalist and best-selling author of “The Tipping Point” and “Outliers.”
• Randall Wallace, screenwriter, director, producer and songwriter. His films include “Braveheart” and “Secretariat.”
• Bill McDermott, chief executive of SAP.
• Laura Schroff, former ad sale executive and best-selling author of “An Invisible Thread.”
• Dr. Henry Cloud, clinical psychologist and leadership consultant.
• Simon Sinek, leadership expert and best-selling author of “Start with Why.”
• Laura Bush, first lady of the United States, 2001-2009.
For more information about Leadercast, visit leadercast.com. For tickets, which are $89, call 919-209-2591 or visit leadercast.com/location/johnstoncounty.