▪ Durham County Sheriff Mike Andrews was awarded the 2015 Outstanding Law Enforcement Executive of the Year Award by the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
▪ Diane Evia-Lanevi, the founder and board chair of The Tomorrow Fund for Hispanic Students, was honored by Hispanics in Philanthropy at the nonprofit’s annual conference and gala in February in San Francisco.
▪ Jaime Park was named in the dean’s list at Duke University.
▪ Ivana Thomas, a Hampton University student from Durham, was named a finalist for the Harry S. Truman Scholarship. She will interview for the scholarship in April.
▪ Crabtree, Carpenter & Connolly, a law firm in Durham, earned a Tier 1 ranking in Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs in this year’s edition of U.S. News’ “Best Lawyers.” Guy W. Crabtree was included in both “Best Lawyers in America” and “Super Lawyers.”
Send Notables to email@example.com.