The AWANA program will kick off from 6:45 to 8:15 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 3, at Antioch Baptist Church, 8490 N.C. 39, Middlesex. Call 919-965-8249 for more information.
Hospital visitation discussion
The Stephen Ministry programs at Knightdale United Methodist Church and St. James United Methodist Church will host a panel discussion on hospital visitation at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 2, in room 406 of Knightdale UMC, 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. The purpose of the discussion is to guide hospital visitors on how they might best support hospitalized people and their families and attendant staff and clergy. Panelists will include a pastor, a hospital chaplain and a hospital nurse.
Gaylon Pope and Sweetwater will perform songs from its new gospel album "Simply Gospel," plus a comedic act at Wakefield Central Baptist Church, 308 Proctor St., Zebulon, on Sunday, Sept. 7, at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. The event is free. For more information, call 919-269-9512.
Living Proof simulcast
Northside Community Church will host a simulcast of Beth Moore’s event “Living Proof” from 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 13, at 621 N. First Ave., Knightdale. $10 cost covers registration and lunch. Visit NorthSideCommunity.com to register.
Financial Peace University
Central Baptist Church in Wendell will offer Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University for $50 per household beginning Sept. 14. Classes run Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday nights at 11109 Poole Road, Wendell, with childcare available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Visit CentralWendell.org for more information.
Pins and Needles
The Pins and Needles Quilt Group Quilt Show and Raffle will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at Riley Hill Baptist Church, 6101 Riley Hill Road, Wendell. Raffle tickets are $1, or 6 for $5. Call 919-365-6875 for information.
• A grief support group meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
• Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visitwww.CelebrateRecovery.com
• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email@example.com
• The Lilies Among the Thorns Christian Women of Purpose group seeks women who desire accountability, support and the camaraderie for other women in doing God’s will. The group meets at 7 p.m. every second Thursday of the month at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 101 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Call 919-867-2010.
• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for its half-day preschool program. The church also offers a five-day prekindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103 for more information.
• Green Pines Baptist Preschool is now enrolling students for the 2014-2015 school year. Call 919-266-3363 or visit GreenPines.org.
• Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers a half-day preschool program from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 919-266-2288.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months to 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years at 615 Mack Todd Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-6504.
• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.