Blessing of the animals
Wendell United Methodist Church will hold a blessing of the animals at 6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 28, at 129 N. Main St., Wendell. Call 919-365-6266 for more information.
O’Neal Revival Tabernacle will hold a revival at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 1-3 at 500 Richardson Road, Zebulon. Pastor Sherry Bruinton, of A Safe Place Ministries, will speak. Call 919-375-4275 for more information.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Wendell First Baptist Church will hold a fish fry from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 3, at 119 Church St., Wendell. Dinners include two pieces of fried trout, boiled potatoes, slaw and hushpuppies for $7.50. Dine-in or takeout.
Cancer benefit concert
The family of the late Calvin Watkins will sponsor the second Calvin L. Watkins Cancer Benefit Concert at 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, at Pleasant Grove Baptist Church, 952 Morphus Bridge Road, Wendell. Proceeds will benefit the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center in Chapel Hill. Donations will be accepted at the event and by mail to Margaret Watkins, 120 McKenzie Park Drive, Louisburg, N.C., 27549. Checks and money orders should be made out to the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center with the name Watkins/Garrett in the memo line.
Knightdale United Methodist Church will host Music in Mission: Women in Concert at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 5, at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. In support of breast cancer awareness, the free concert will feature female artists and musicians of KUMC. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
Hopkins Chapel Baptist Church will hold its homecoming at 11 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 5, at 4525 Hopkins Chapel Road, Zebulon. The Rev. Ricky Anderson will deliver the message.
Wendell First Baptist Church will celebrate its 96th annual homecoming at 11 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 19, at 119 Church St., Wendell. The Rev. Gary Lee will speak, and dinner will be served after the message.
Dr. Gattis Perry will be the homecoming speaker at Wakefield Central Baptist Church, at 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 12, at 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. A meal will be served in the Hendricks Fellowship Hall immediately following the 11 a.m. service.
Pins and Needles
The Pins and Needles Quilt Group Quilt Show and Raffle will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at Riley Hill Baptist Church, 6101 Riley Hill Road, Wendell. Raffle tickets are $1, or 6 for $5. Call 919-365-6875 for information.
Malaby’s Crossroads Missionary Church will hold a pastor’s anniversary celebration from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, at 911 Old Knight Road, Knightdale. The event will feature gospel recording artist Richard Smallwood. Tickets are $40 per person.
Knightdale United Methodist Church holds a Wednesday Dinner at 6:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
• A grief support group meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
• Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visitwww.celebraterecovery.com
• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email@example.com
• The Lilies Among the Thorns Christian Women of Purpose group seeks women who desire accountability, support and the camaraderie for other women in doing God’s will. The group meets at 7 p.m. every second Thursday of the month at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 101 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Call 919-867-2010.
• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for its half-day preschool program. The church also offers a five-day prekindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103 for more information.
• Knightdale United Methodist Church offers preschool for ages 2 through Pre-K at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
• Green Pines Baptist Preschool is now enrolling students for the 2014-2015 school year. Call 919-266-3363 or visit greenpines.org.
• Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers a half-day preschool program from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday Knightdale. Call 919-266-2288.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months through 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years at 615 Mack Todd Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-6504.
• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• The O’Neal Revival Tabernacle will hold its monthly food pantry day from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, at 500 Richardson Road, Zebulon. Call 919-375-4275 for more information.
• The food pantry at Knightdale United Methodist Church is open from 9:30 to 10 a.m. Mondays and Thursdays at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.