• A fall festival will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 25, at Knightdale Baptist Church, 15 Main St., Knightdale. Attractions include a hot dog dinner, costume contest, games, candy and prizes. The church will also accept food and monetary donations for the Operation Shoebox Ministry.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Wakefield Central Baptist Church will hold its annual Hallelujah Fall Fest from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 29, at 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. The event will include a free hot dog supper, photo booth, face painting and pumpkin prayer, and will conclude with a trunk-or-treat event. Costumes are welcome but not required.
• Knightdale United Methodist Church will host a fall festival and barbecue chicken fundraiser from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Plates are $8.
Pearce Baptist Church will hold the charity event Operation InAsMuch from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Oct. 25, at 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Free clothes, food and produce will be available.
Malaby’s Crossroads Missionary Church will hold a pastor’s anniversary celebration from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, at 911 Old Knight Road, Knightdale. The event will feature gospel recording artist Richard Smallwood. Tickets are $40 per person.
Knightdale United Methodist Church holds a Wednesday Dinner at 6:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
• A grief support group meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
• Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visitwww.celebraterecovery.com
• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email@example.com
• The Lilies Among the Thorns Christian Women of Purpose group seeks women who desire accountability, support and the camaraderie for other women in doing God’s will. The group meets at 7 p.m. every second Thursday of the month at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 101 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Call 919-867-2010.
• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for its half-day preschool program. The church also offers a five-day prekindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103 for more information.
• Knightdale United Methodist Church offers preschool for ages 2 through Pre-K at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
• Green Pines Baptist Preschool is now enrolling students for the 2014-2015 school year. Call 919-266-3363 or visit greenpines.org.
• Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers a half-day preschool program from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday Knightdale. Call 919-266-2288.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months through 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years at 615 Mack Todd Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-6504.
• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• The O’Neal Revival Tabernacle will hold its monthly food pantry day from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, at 500 Richardson Road, Zebulon. Call 919-375-4275 for more information.
• The food pantry at Knightdale United Methodist Church is open from 9:30 to 10 a.m. Mondays and Thursdays at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.