• Wakefield Central Baptist Church will hold its annual Hallelujah Fall Fest from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 29, at 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. The event will include a free hot dog supper, photo booth, face painting and pumpkin prayer, and will conclude with a trunk-or-treat event. Costumes are welcome but not required.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
• Knightdale United Methodist Church will host a fall festival and barbecue chicken fundraiser from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Plates are $8.
• Union Hope Baptist Church will host a fall bazaar from 8 a.m. to 3 .m. Saturday, Nov. 8, at 12712 N.C. 97 West, Zebulon. There will be breakfast from 8 to 10 a.m. with homemade biscuits and applejacks; lunch from 11 a.m. onward; and crafts and food vendors. There will also be sealed bid items and a classic car show.
Malaby’s Crossroads Missionary Church will hold a pastor’s anniversary celebration from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, at 911 Old Knight Road, Knightdale. The event will feature gospel recording artist Richard Smallwood. Tickets are $40 per person.
The Glory Cloud Tabernacle Church will host a chicken barbecue fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, at 205 E. Gannon Ave., Zebulon. Plates are $8 and include a half chicken, two vegetables, bread and dessert.
Coat donations sought
Zebulon United Methodist Church, Wakefield Central Baptist Church, The Brown Bag Ministry and Dream Coat Ministries will take gently used coats of all sizes as well as blankets and other winter wear during the Warming the Heart of the Community event. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 15, at ZUMC at the corner of N. Church Avenue and Sycamore Street in Zebulon. Donations can be dropped off from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday at ZUMC or at Wakefield Baptist, 308 Proctor St., Zebulon.
Knightdale United Methodist Church holds a Wednesday Dinner at 6:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• The O’Neal Revival Tabernacle will hold its monthly food pantry day from noon to 2 p.m. every second Saturday at 500 Richardson Road, Zebulon. For details, call 919-375-4275 or go toonealtabernacle.org
• The food pantry at Knightdale United Methodist Church is open from 9:30 to 10 a.m. Mondays and Thursdays at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.
• A grief support group meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
• Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visitwww.celebraterecovery.com
• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Lilies Among the Thorns Christian Women of Purpose group seeks women who desire accountability, support and the camaraderie for other women in doing God’s will. The group meets at 7 p.m. every second Thursday of the month at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 101 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Call 919-867-2010.
• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for its half-day preschool program. The church also offers a five-day prekindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103 for more information.
• Knightdale United Methodist Church offers preschool for ages 2 through Pre-K at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
• Green Pines Baptist Preschool is now enrolling students for the 2014-2015 school year. Call 919-266-3363 or visit greenpines.org.
• Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers a half-day preschool program from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday Knightdale. Call 919-266-2288.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months through 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email@example.com
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years at 615 Mack Todd Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-6504.