Lake Myra lights
The Town of Wendell hosts its third annual holiday event, Wendell Wonderland,” with the Lake Myra Christmas light show. The show runs nightly from 6 to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and 6 to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday through Dec. 31 at 10 Cypress St.
As part of the Wendell Wonderland event, children and adults can spend an Evening with Santa at 6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 5.
Improved access and parking this year will make it easier for people to visit the light show. For details, go to townofwendell.com.
Knightdale Parks & Recreation will host the Knightdale Turkey Leg 5K Family Fun Walk/Run at 8:30 a.m. Thanksgiving morning, Thursday, Nov. 27, at Knightdale Station Park, 810 N. First Ave., Knightdale. Registration is $15 per person (participants 5 and under free). Registrations will be accepted until Nov. 26.
Black Friday sale
There will be an indoor yard sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Black Friday, Nov. 28, at 10 Cypress St., Wendell. For details or to secure a vendor table, call 919-592-2669.
Parents night out
Senior Girl Scout Troop 331 will host a parents night out fundraiser from 6 to 9 p.m. Nov. 29 and Dec. 20 at Knightdale United Methodist Church, 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. For $20 per child, the First Aid and CPR certified Scouts will babysit children ages infant to ten years so the parents can have a night on the town. For details, call Troop Leader Darcie Helbig at 919-291-1654.
The Town of Zebulon and Zebulon Chamber of Commerce art exhibits are on display through November from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at 815 N. Arendell Ave., Zebulon.
The East Wake Martin Luther King Jr. Choral Committee is seeking singers for a program at 3 p.m. Jan. 18, at Wakefield Missionary Baptist Church, Zebulon. There will be a rehearsal and demonstration at 7 p.m. Dec. 1, at Zebulon First Baptist Church, 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon.
Notary public class
The Knightdale Chamber of Commerce will host a notary public certification class from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 3, at 207 Main St., Knightdale. For $125 (members of KCoC) or $145 (non-members), participants can become certified as a notary public in one day. For details, go to knightdalechamber.org.
Vendor info meeting
The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market will host an informational meeting for vendors at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 4, at the Zebulon Community Center, 301 S. Arendell Ave., Zebulon.
Christmas events in Knightdale
Knightdale Parks & Recreation will host a Christmas tree lighting from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 5, at Knightdale Station Park’s amphitheater, 810 First Ave., Knightdale. Participants can write letters to Santa and Mrs. Claus, take a train ride, enjoy live entertainment and more.
The Christmas Parade will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 6, at Knightdale Elementary, ending at Knightdale Station Park. The Park & Ride will begin at 11 a.m. in the Walmart parking lot on Knightdale Boulevard.
Pancake dinner with Santa
Zebulon United Methodist Church preschool will host a pancake supper with Santa at 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 5, at 121 W. Gannon Ave., Zebulon.
Zebulon Christmas parade
The Zebulon Christmas parade will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7, from Zebulon Community Center, 301 S. Arendell Ave. to J&M Chevrolet at 606 W. Gannon Ave.
Parents’ Night Out
Knightdale Parks and Recreation will host Parents’ Night Out from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 19, at the Harper Park Building, 209 Main St., Knightdale. $10 will cover a movie and a dinner at CiCi’s Pizza for the children while the parents get a few quiet hours to themselves. For details and to register, go to knightdalenc.gov.
The Knightdale Kiwanis Club is holding a food drive through Dec. 19. The drive is collecting non-perishable food including canned and dry goods, toiletries and personal items, paper products, baby food and supplies, and pet food. Drop-off sites include Edward Jones and Neuse River Veterinary in Wendell, Vardy HPC in Wendell and Knightdale, Knightdale Family Medicine, and the Town of Knightdale office.
Volunteers are also needed to help with sorting food from 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays at 466 Old Wilson Road, Wendell. Deliverers will be needed Friday, Dec. 19 to distribute the food. For details, call 919-365-3545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 5 County Beekeepers Association meets at 7 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the Bennett Bunn Plantation, 1915 Old Bunn Road, Zebulon. The group welcomes new members. For more information, visit www.5cba.org or call Bryon Way at 919-295-0245.
East Wake Senior Center events
• The East Wake Senior Center offers fitness and line dance classes, crafts, sewing classes, and more for the active senior. The Center is located at 323 Lake Drive, Wendell. Call 919-365-4248 for more information.
• Join free exercise classes including Tone & Sweat, Zumba, Bandercise, Aerobics, Chi-Gong, and Dancing. Other activities include bridge, bingo, Yahtzee, dominoes, Pinochle and Rook, as well as musical choir and handbell groups. The Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• The Center will host its Last Chance Craft Sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday and Friday, Dec. 4 and 5.
• The Center offers Medicare counseling during open enrollment on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month from 1 to 4 p.m through Dec. 7.
East Regional Library events
East Regional Library at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale, has an extensive list of activities for the whole family. Find a complete list of events at www.wakegov.com/libraries or call 919-217-5300.
• East Regional Library is seeking adult volunteers to help care for the library. Two-hour morning, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts are available.
• Artists interested in having their artwork on display in the library may apply to show their artwork in the library’s main reading room for one month. Call Bob Morrill or Brandy Hamilton at 919-217-5301.
• 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, 2 to 5 p.m. Thursdays: JobLink Job Assistance will offer help navigating job websites, submitting online applications, and more.
• 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 25 or 1 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 29: Create your own cookie house with graham crackers, icing and candy.
The Little River Historical Society meets at 7 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the fellowship hall of Zebulon United Methodist Church, 2804 Hunters Cove Court, Zebulon. The group focuses on the history of the eastern Wake County area.
ESL (English as a Second Language) classes are from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Green Pines Baptist Church, 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale. For details, call 919-210-2580.
Cub Scouts meetings
Cub Scout Pack 522 of Zebulon meets at 7 p.m. Monday nights at Zebulon Baptist Church, 400 N. Arendell Ave., Zebulon. Visit cubscoutpack522.weebly.com for more information.
Extended Hands of N.C. is a community-based resource and referral agency in Wendell seeking volunteers to answer telephones, schedule appointments and assist the public in the office. Email email@example.com for more information.
Ready to Learn classes
The Eastern Region Ready to Learn program offers free classes at Knightdale Parks and Recreation, 950 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale. All classes require parent participation. For more information, contact Shelia Dodd at 919-365-2606 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Janice Squires at 919-365-0921 or email@example.com.
Zebulon Community Library events
Zebulon Community Library, 1000 Dogwood Drive, hosts several ongoing events. For information, visit wakegov.com/libraries/locations or call 919-404-3610.
• Story time: 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
• K-5 Adventures: 4:30 p.m. Thursdays.
Wendell Community Library events
Wendell Community Library holds events for children in kindergarten through fifth grade on Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m. 207 S. Hollybrook Road, Wendell. Call 919-365-2600 for more information.
• Storytime for preschoolers is at 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays.
• Storytime for toddlers is at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays.
• The K-5 Adventures takes place at 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
East Wake Education Foundation
The East Wake Education Foundation hosts recurring events throughout the year. For a complete list, visit www.EastWakeEducationFoundation.org. Events are held at the East Wake Education Foundation Family & Child Resource Center, 16 E. Fourth St., Wendell.
• Play Day is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
• Teachable Monday, which offers an in-house field trip or story time and crafts, is at 10 a.m. Mondays.
• Ready, Set, Read is at 10 a.m. Tuesdays. The program, for children ages 4-5, teaches symbol and sound recognition, and writing practice.
• Wacky Wednesday offers music, stories and art at 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
• Thumpin’ Thursday, at 10 a.m. Thursdays, is an exercise program that helps children develop motor skills.