The American Red Cross will host a blood drive from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 27, at Wendell Baptist Church’s small Fellowship Hall, 3651 Wendell Blvd., Wendell. To schedule an appointment, call the church office at 919-365-4631.
The 5 County Beekeepers Association meets at 7 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the Bennett Bunn Plantation, 1915 Old Bunn Road, Zebulon. The group welcomes new members. For more information, visit www.5cba.org or call Bryon Way at 919-295-0245.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
East Wake Senior Center events
• The East Wake Senior Center offers fitness and line dance classes, crafts, sewing classes, and more for the active senior. The Center is located at 323 Lake Drive, Wendell. Call 919-365-4248 for more information.
• The Center offers Medicare counseling on the second Tuesday of each month. The Seniors Health Insurance Information Program is designed to counsel seniors on Medicare changes or questions. Call for an appointment.
• Join free exercise classes including Tone & Sweat, Zumba, Bandercise, Aerobics, Chi-Gong, and Dancing. Other activities include bridge, bingo, Yahtzee, dominoes, Pinochle and Rook, as well as musical choir and handbell groups. The Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
East Regional Library events
East Regional Library at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale, has an extensive list of activities for the whole family. Find a complete list of events at www.wakegov.com/libraries or call 919-217-5300.
• East Regional Library is seeking adult volunteers to help care for the library. Two-hour morning, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts are available.
• Artists interested in having their artwork on display in the library may apply to show their artwork in the library’s main reading room for one month. Call Bob Morrill or Brandy Hamilton at 919-217-5301.
• 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, 2 to 5 p.m. Thursdays: JobLink Job Assistance will offer help navigating job websites, submitting online applications, and more.
The Little River Historical Society meets at 7 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the fellowship hall of Zebulon United Methodist Church, 2804 Hunters Cove Court, Zebulon. The group focuses on the history of the eastern Wake County area.
ESL (English as a Second Language) classes are from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Green Pines Baptist Church, 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale. For details, call 919-210-2580.
Cub Scouts meetings
Cub Scout Pack 522 of Zebulon meets at 7 p.m. Monday nights at Zebulon Baptist Church, 400 N. Arendell Ave., Zebulon. Visit cubscoutpack522.weebly.com for more information.
Extended Hands of N.C. is a community-based resource and referral agency in Wendell seeking volunteers to answer telephones, schedule appointments and assist the public in the office. Email email@example.com for more information.
Ready to Learn classes
The Eastern Region Ready to Learn program offers free classes at Knightdale Parks and Recreation, 950 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale. All classes require parent participation. For more information, contact Shelia Dodd at 919-365-2606 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Janice Squires at 919-365-0921 or email@example.com.
Zebulon Community Library events
Zebulon Community Library, 1000 Dogwood Drive, hosts several ongoing events. For information, visit wakegov.com/libraries/locations or call 919-404-3610.
• Story time: 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
• K-5 Adventures: 4:30 p.m. Thursdays.
Wendell Community Library events
Wendell Community Library holds events for children in kindergarten through fifth grade on Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m. 207 S. Hollybrook Road, Wendell. Call 919-365-2600 for more information.
• Storytime for preschoolers is at 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays.
• Storytime for toddlers is at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays.
• The K-5 Adventures takes place at 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
East Wake Education Foundation
The East Wake Education Foundation hosts recurring events throughout the year. For a complete list, visit www.EastWakeEducationFoundation.org. Events are held at the East Wake Education Foundation Family & Child Resource Center, 16 E. Fourth St., Wendell.
• Play Day is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
• Teachable Monday, which offers an in-house field trip or story time and crafts, is at 10 a.m. Mondays.
• Ready, Set, Read is at 10 a.m. Tuesdays. The program, for children ages 4-5, teaches symbol and sound recognition, and writing practice.
• Wacky Wednesday offers music, stories and art at 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
• Thumpin’ Thursday, at 10 a.m. Thursdays, is an exercise program that helps children develop motor skills.