• The Town of Wendell hosts its third annual holiday event, “Wendell Wonderland,” with the Lake Myra Christmas light show. The show runs nightly from 6 to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and 6 to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday through Dec. 31 at 10 Cypress St.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
Improved access and parking this year will make it easier for people to visit the light show. For details, go to townofwendell.com.
• The Sanctuary Choir, orchestra, and Juniors Choir of Zebulon Baptist Church will present the Christmas musical “Bethlehem’s Child” at 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 21, at 400 N. Arendell Ave., Zebulon. Nursery will be provided for preschoolers.
• Zebulon Baptist Church will host candlelight Christmas Eve services at 5 and 11 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 24, at 400 N. Arendell Ave., Zebulon. Nursery for preschoolers will be provided for the 5 p.m. service.
• The annual Christmas Walk will be available from sundown to 10:30 p.m. each night until Dec. 31, at Planters Walk Subdivision, near U.S. 64 at Lynnwood Ave., Knightdale. For details, call Robert Hobdy at 919-266-4597.
• Wendell United Methodist Church will host Christmas Eve services at 5 and 9 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 24, at 129 N. Main St., Wendell. The 5 p.m. service will be a child-friendly “Birthday Party for Jesus,” with lots of movement, noise and participation. The 9 p.m. service will include candles, carols and a communion service. For details, call 919-365-6266.
• Beyond the Gate Ministries is seeking donations to sponsor senior citizens at the Oliver House this Christmas. The program is asking for $20 per resident. Donors can donate to Beyond the Gate, or obtain a wish list and shop themselves. For details, call 919-201-0909.
• County offices, libraries, parks and the Animal Center will be closed Dec. 24 and 25.
• Solid waste convenience centers, multi-material/household hazardous centers and the East Wake Transfer Station will close at noon, while the South Wake Landfill will close at 1 p.m. Dec. 24. All of these services will be closed Dec. 25, and will reopen with normal operating hours Friday, Dec. 26.
• Capital Area Transit and TTA will not operate Dec. 25. Final bus departures from Moore Square will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 24. CAT routes will operate on the Sunday schedule Jan. 1. TTA will not operate Dec. 24.
• Triangle Transit bus, shuttle and express routes will not operate Dec. 24-25, and Jan. 1.
• ABC stores will be closed Dec. 25, Dec. 26 and Jan. 1.
• County libraries will close at 6 p.m. Dec. 31.
• County offices, libraries, parks, the Animal Center, multi-material/household hazardous centers, the South Wake Landfill and the East Wake Transfer Station will be closed Jan. 1.