• The Town of Wendell hosts its third annual holiday event, “Wendell Wonderland,” with the Lake Myra Christmas light show. The show runs nightly from 6 to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and 6 to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday through Dec. 31 at 10 Cypress St.
Improved access and parking this year will make it easier for people to visit the light show. For details, go to townofwendell.com.
• The Sanctuary Choir, orchestra, and Juniors Choir of Zebulon Baptist Church will present the Christmas musical “Bethlehem’s Child” at 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 21, at 400 N. Arendell Ave., Zebulon. Nursery will be provided for preschoolers.
• Zebulon Baptist Church will host candlelight Christmas Eve services at 5 and 11 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 24, at 400 N. Arendell Ave., Zebulon. Nursery for preschoolers will be provided for the 5 p.m. service.
• The annual Christmas Walk will be available from sundown to 10:30 p.m. each night until Dec. 31, at Planters Walk Subdivision, near U.S. 64 at Lynnwood Ave., Knightdale. For details, call Robert Hobdy at 919-266-4597.
• Wendell United Methodist Church will host Christmas Eve services at 5 and 9 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 24, at 129 N. Main St., Wendell. The 5 p.m. service will be a child-friendly “Birthday Party for Jesus,” with lots of movement, noise and participation. The 9 p.m. service will include candles, carols and a communion service. For details, call 919-365-6266.
• Beyond the Gate Ministries is seeking donations to sponsor senior citizens at the Oliver House this Christmas. The program is asking for $20 per resident. Donors can donate to Beyond the Gate, or obtain a wish list and shop themselves. For details, call 919-201-0909.
• County offices, libraries, parks and the Animal Center will be closed Dec. 24 and 25.
• Solid waste convenience centers, multi-material/household hazardous centers and the East Wake Transfer Station will close at noon, while the South Wake Landfill will close at 1 p.m. Dec. 24. All of these services will be closed Dec. 25, and will reopen with normal operating hours Friday, Dec. 26.
• Capital Area Transit and TTA will not operate Dec. 25. Final bus departures from Moore Square will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 24. CAT routes will operate on the Sunday schedule Jan. 1. TTA will not operate Dec. 24.
• Triangle Transit bus, shuttle and express routes will not operate Dec. 24-25, and Jan. 1.
• ABC stores will be closed Dec. 25, Dec. 26 and Jan. 1.
• County libraries will close at 6 p.m. Dec. 31.
• County offices, libraries, parks, the Animal Center, multi-material/household hazardous centers, the South Wake Landfill and the East Wake Transfer Station will be closed Jan. 1.