Community Food Drive
The first of two annual Wendell area food drives will be Saturday, April 18. The food drive will help stock food pantries at Wendell Baptist Church, Wendell United Methodist Church and Pleasant Grove Baptist Church. Leave grocery bags with non-perishable items out for volunteers to pick up by 10 a.m. April 18. Recommended food items are: grits, rice, pancake mix, syrup, oatmeal, peanut butter, jelly, Kool-Aid, ramen noodles, canned chicken, tuna or ham, pasta, canned soup, canned milk, canned fruit, Jello mix and instant pudding mix.
Covenant Presbyterian’s concert series will continue April 19 at 7 p.m. with the N.C. State University Chorale; and May 15 at 7:30 p.m. with the Triangle Youth Brass Band. The church is at 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell.
Tea Party and Shoppe
A limited number of reservations are available for the Olde English Tea Party and Gift Shoppe fundraiser at Wendell Christian Church at 2 p.m. April 18. Tickets cost $12. Attendees can also purchase gifts and baked goods at the event. For tickets, contact Ann Todd at 919- 272-3627 or Ann Harris at 919-365-0734. Favorite hats are encouraged, but not required.
Spring Renewal Services
Zebulon Baptist Church will hold Spring Renewal Services April 12-14. Services will begin at 10:15 a.m. on Sunday and at 7 p.m. on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday evenings. The guest preacher will be Dr. Daniel Vestal, past Executive Coordinator of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Zebulon Baptist Church is located at 400 N. Arendell Ave., Zebulon.
David Barton will speak at Faith Baptist Church at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, April 12. The church is located at 2728 Marks Creek Rd., Knightdale.
Knightdale United Methodist Church holds a Wednesday dinner at 6:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
Spring Fling at RCHC
Rocky Cross Holiness Church will host its second annual Spring Fling from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 18 on the grounds and at the Family Life Center, 12524 Anderson Rd., Zebulon. The event will feature indoor vendors, food, games, music, raffles and more.
Early response training
NC United Methodist Volunteers In Missions will present “Early Response Training” on April 18th from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at Zebulon United Methodist Church. The cost is $30 per person, which covers background checks and credentialing. Registration may be completed online at nccumvim.org. You do not have to be a member of the church to participate. For more information please contact the church office at 919-269-9408.
Wakefield Central Baptist Church will hold a Spring Revival Sunday through Wednesday, April 19-22. Services will be at 8:30 and 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Sunday, and 7 p.m. each following evening. Guest preacher will be Dr. Matt Queen, L.R. Scarborough Chair of Evangelism at Southwestern Theological Seminary. Musical guests will be soloist David Crow and the Matt Wagner Band. Wakefield Central Baptist Church is located at 308 Proctor St., Zebulon.
Barbecue Chicken Sale
The Knights of Columbus Council 10892 will hold a barbecue chicken sale from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, April 24, at the IGA, 2971 Wendell Blvd. Plates are $7, or $6 each for two or more, and include one half chicken, potatoes and green beans. Take-out only.
Gospel Music Concert
Zebulon United Methodist Church will host a concert by Ivan and Josh Parker at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, April 26. The church is located at 121 W. Gannon Ave., Zebulon. The concert is free, but an offering will be taken. Nonperishable items for the church's food pantry are appreciated.
▪ Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
▪ The O’Neal Revival Tabernacle will hold its monthly food pantry day from noon to 2 p.m. every second Saturday at 500 Richardson Road, Zebulon. For details, call 919-375-4275 or go to onealtabernacle.org.
▪ Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
▪ Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
▪ Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.
▪ Faith Baptist Church hosts a DivorceCare weekly seminar and support group from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, at 2728 Marks Creek Road, Knightdale. For details, contact Loren Burch at 919-271-6111 or email@example.com.
▪ Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visit www.celebraterecovery.com.
▪ Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
▪ The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
▪ Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
▪ An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ The Lilies Among the Thorns Christian Women of Purpose group seeks women who desire accountability, support and the camaraderie of other women in doing God’s will. The group meets at 7 p.m. every second Thursday of the month at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 101 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Call 919-867-2010.
▪ Wendell Baptist Preschool opened registration to the public March 3. For more information, call 919-365-3103 or go to wendellbaptistpreschool.com.
▪ Knightdale United Methodist Church offers preschool for ages 2 through Pre-K at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
▪ Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers a half-day preschool program from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday Knightdale. Call 919-266-2288.
▪ Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months through 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email email@example.com.
▪ Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years at 615 Mack Todd Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-6504.
Send faith notes to firstname.lastname@example.org