Golf Tournament Fundraiser
Wendell-based Special Blesssings, which serves children and adults with developmental disabilities, is holding a golf tournament fundraiser Thursday, April 30, at River Ridge Golf Club, 3224 Auburn Knightdale Road, Raleigh. Registration opens at 11 a.m. with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. For more information or to register, go to www.specialblessingsinc.net/2015-golf-tournament.html.
NAMI Connections Support Group
NAMI Connections Support Group will meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays, at Northside Community Church, 621 N. First Ave., Knightdale. All are welcome. NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) provides free support groups for adults living with a mental illness. Contact Lisa at 919-819-1580 for more information.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
Public Safety Day
The Wendell Police Department will host its 7th annual Public Safety Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 2, on Campen Street in downtown Wendell. The free community awareness event features public safety agencies demonstrating a wide array of equipment and vehicles, educational booths, kids rides, activities, a raffle, food and drinks.
Rabies and Microchip Clinic
Knightdale Parks and Recreation will hold a Rabies and Microchip Clinic from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 16, at Ashley Wilder Dog Park, 810 N. First Ave. Rabies vaccinations are $5 and microchips are $10.
Wendell Park will host food truck luncheons from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., the second Tuesday of the month. The park is located at 601 W. Third St., Wendell.
Knightdale Station Park will host Food Truck Thursdays every week from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 810 N. First Avenue.
The Wake County Public School System will offer the following classes through its Lifelong Learning Program. These classes will be held at Knightdale High School. For more information, please contact 919-431-7593 or wcpss.net/adult-edu.
▪ Phlebotomy: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, May 26-June 18; $450.
▪ Weight Training and Conditioning: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, May 19-June 25; $225.
East Wake Education Foundation
The East Wake Education Foundation hosts recurring events throughout the year. For a complete list, visit www.EastWakeEducationFoundation.org. Events are held at the East Wake Education Foundation Family & Child Resource Center, 16 E. Fourth St., Wendell.
▪ Play Day is 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
▪ Teachable Monday, which offers an in-house field trip or story time and crafts, is at 10 a.m. Mondays.
▪ Ready, Set, Read is at 10 a.m. Tuesdays. The program, for children ages 4-5, teaches symbol and sound recognition, and writing practice.
▪ Wacky Wednesday offers music, stories and art at 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
▪ Thumpin’ Thursday, at 10 a.m. Thursdays, is an exercise program that helps children develop motor skills.
East Wake Senior Center events
The East Wake Senior Center offers fitness and line dance classes, crafts, sewing classes and more for the active senior. The Center is located at 323 Lake Drive, Wendell. Call 919-365-4248 for more information.
▪ “Living Healthy with Chronic Pain,” a health and wellness class, will meet from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays through April 21.
Ready to Learn classes
The Eastern Region Ready to Learn program offers free classes at Knightdale Parks and Recreation, 950 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale. All classes require parent participation. For more information, contact Shelia Dodd at 919-365-2606 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Janice Squires at 919-365-0921 or email@example.com.