Covenant Presbyterian’s concert series will continue May 15 at 7:30 p.m. with the Triangle Youth Brass Band. The church is at 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell.
Zebulon United Methodist Men Fish Fry
The Zebulon United Methodist Men will hold their annual fish fry from 11 a.m. until the fish are gone May 16, at the Zebulon United Methodist Church. $7 per plate. Plates can be purchased on the day of the event.
Knightdale Baptist Spring Bazaar
Knightdale Baptist Church will have a Spring Bazaar Saturday, May 16 at 15 Main St., Knightdale. There will be a bake shop, craft store, plant sale, a live auction (3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.) and a silent auction (10 a.m. to 3 p.m.). Barbecue chicken plates will be for sale from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
A Festival of Music
The Riley Hill Music & Arts Ministry is presenting A Festival of Music, 4 p.m. Sunday, May 17, at Riley Hill Baptist Church, 6101 Riley Hill Road, Wendell. The theme is Make A Joyful Noise: “Food for the Soul” Psalm 100. The program features national recording choir & Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound winners, Salvation & Deliverance of Tarboro. Others who will appear on program are Wake Technical Community College Inspirational Choir, Jae Braswell & Revived, Truly Anointed and The RHBC Dance Ministry. Admission is free and open to the public.
Bethany Baptist Church Missions Fundraiser
Bethany Baptist Church is holding a missions fundraiser Saturday, May 30, at 3417 Rolesville Road, Wendell. The yard sale will be from 6 a.m. to noon, and the auction from 2 to 4 pm. Barbecue chicken plates will be available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for $8. Each plate includes ½ chicken, fresh potatoes, string beans, bread & dessert, dine in or take out. All proceeds support mission projects.
Skeeter Run 5K Fun Run
The 5K Fun Run will take place 2:30 p.m. Sunday, May 31, at Knightdale Station Park, 810 North 1st Ave., in Knightdale. The entire run takes place inside the Park and includes 3 laps through the park. The run is not timed – it is intended to be fun for everyone. The run is a part of the NC United Methodist Churches No More Malaria campaign to end malaria in the world through mosquito nets and medicines. Registration is $20 in advance and $30 on the day of the run. Contact http://skeeterrunwendell.itsyourrace.com.
The Class of 2015 East Wake High School Baccalaureate services will be held Sunday, May 31 at 3:30 p.m. at Central Baptist Church, 11109 Poole Road, Wendell. Seniors are reminded to wear their cap and gown and report to the service by 2:30 p.m. Friends and family members are invited to attend the service. No ticket is required for admission to the service.
Knightdale United Methodist Church holds a Wednesday dinner at 6:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
▪ Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
▪ Zebulon First Baptist Church will distribute items from their food pantry the third Thursday of every month from 3 to 5 p.m. Pick-up is available the third Monday of every month. Contact Deacon Wallace Parham: 919-604-1496.
▪ The O’Neal Revival Tabernacle will hold its monthly food pantry day from noon to 2 p.m. every second Saturday at 500 Richardson Road, Zebulon. For details, call 919-375-4275 or go to onealtabernacle.org.
▪ Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
▪ Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
▪ Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.
▪ Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visit www.celebraterecovery.com.
▪ Faith Baptist Church hosts a DivorceCare weekly seminar and support group from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, at 2728 Marks Creek Road, Knightdale. For details, contact Loren Burch at 919-271-6111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ New Covenant Life hosts a bible study and service at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at 3332 S. Smithfield Road, Knightdale. The current topic is: "Christian Living and Growing in the Holy Spirit." Contact New Covenant Life by email: email@example.com. For more information visit: http://www.nclknightdale.com.
▪ A grief support group will begin on May 28, and meet the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
▪ Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
▪ The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
▪ Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
▪ An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ The Lilies Among the Thorns Christian Women of Purpose group seeks women who desire accountability, support and the camaraderie of other women in doing God’s will. The group meets at 7 p.m. every second Thursday of the month at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 101 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Call 919-867-2010.
▪ Wendell Baptist Preschool opened registration to the public March 3. For more information, call 919-365-3103 or go to wendellbaptistpreschool.com.
▪ Knightdale United Methodist Church offers preschool for ages 2 through Pre-K at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more.
▪ Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers half-day preschool from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 919-266-2288.
▪ Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months through 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email email@example.com.
▪ Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years at 615 Mack Todd Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-6504.
▪ Green Pines Baptist Preschool has opened registration to the public. The church offers two-, three-, and five-day programs for children ages 1 through Pre-K at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-3363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send faith notes to email@example.com