Kids’ and teens’ activities
The East Regional Library hosts activities for children and teenagers at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale.
Reading for kids in kindergarten through second grade will be at 6 p.m. Tuesdays in May. Activities for third through fifth grade students will be at 4:30 p.m. Thursdays. Teen Scene for sixth- through tenth-grade students is at 6 p.m. Mondays.
Registration is now open for kids’ swimming lessons at the Knightdale Community Pool.
Four-day classes will be held throughout June, July and August. For details, go to knightdalenc.gov.
Food Truck Thursdays
Food trucks visit Knightdale Station Park from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5-8 p.m. Thursdays at 810 N. First Ave. The complete schedule is online at knightdalenc.gov.
May’s last food trucks on May 26 will be Baozi at lunch and Pho Nomenal Dumplings and Two Roosters Ice Cream at dinner.
The Knightdale Community Pool opens on Saturday, May 28, and will be open through Monday, Sept. 5.
Town offices are closed for Memorial Day on Monday, May 30, in Wendell and Zebulon.
The East Wake Senior Center and Zach Nissen with the Food Bank of N.C. offer information and application help for people who are 55 or older and need food stamps.
A presentation and appointments will be on Tuesday, May 31. To make an appointment, call 919-365-4248.
Free Shag and Ballroom Dance Classes, led by Gaylord Picard, will be 2-4 p.m. Wednesday, June 1, through Wednesday, Aug. 31, at 323 Lake Drive, Wendell.
Wear shoes with smooth soles. For more information or to sign up, call 919-365-4248.
Big Trucks at the Park
Wendell’s Big Trucks at the Park is 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, June 4, at Wendell Community Park, 601 W. Third St.
Summer reading launch
The East Regional Library’s summer reading program launch is 1:30-4 p.m. Sunday, June 5, at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale.
Introduction to Line Dance
Introduction to Line Dance at the East Wake Senior Center is at noon on Tuesdays, starting June 7, at 323 Lake Drive, Wendell.
The class continues for six weeks. For more information, call 919-365-4248.
The Senior Center and Resources for Seniors sponsor a caregivers’ support group from 9:30-11 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St. For details, call 919-365-4248.
Outdoor Movie Night
Knightdale’s Outdoor Movie Night continues this spring. Movies will be shown for free at dusk at the Knightdale Station Park Amphitheater, 810 N. First Ave. Bring chairs or a blanket.
▪ June 10: “Home.”
▪ June 24: “Independence Day.”
Food trucks will also be there: C&J Funnel Cakes on June 10, Dusty Donuts on June 24 and Jay’s Italian Ice on both days.
A CPR/First Aid course will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, June 11, at Knightdale’s Harper Park facility at 209 Main St.
Registration costs $55. For more information or to sign up, call 919-217-2232 or go to bit.ly/1UQsAl0.
Spring Fashion and Talent Show
CAMP I CAN’s Spring Fashion and Talent Show is 5-8 p.m. Saturday, June 11, at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St.
Support Group for Caregivers
The Support Group for Caregivers, sponsored by Resources for Seniors, is led by a trained Alzheimer’s facilitator. Regular meetings are from 9:30-11 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St., Wendell. The support group is a confidential safe place to share one’s challenges, frustrations, sadness, and loneliness with others. To register call 919-365-4248.
ESL (English as a Second Language) classes are from 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Green Pines Baptist Church, 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale. For details, call 919-266-1613.
NAMI Connections Support Group
NAMI Connections Support Group will meet from 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays at Northside Community Church, 621 N. First Ave., Knightdale. All are welcome. NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) provides free support groups for adults living with a mental illness. Contact Lisa at 919-819-1580 for more information.
East Wake Education Foundation
The East Wake Education Foundation hosts recurring events throughout the year. For a complete list, visit www.EastWakeEducationFoundation.org. Events are at the East Wake Education Foundation Family & Child Resource Center, 16 E. Fourth St., Wendell.
▪ Play Day is 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
▪ Teachable Monday, which offers an in-house field trip or story time and crafts, is at 10 a.m. Mondays.
▪ Ready, Set, Read is at 10 a.m. Tuesdays. The program for children ages 4-5 includes symbol and sound recognition and writing practice.
▪ Wacky Wednesday offers music, stories and art at 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
▪ Thumpin’ Thursday, at 10 a.m. Thursdays, is an exercise program that helps children develop motor skills.
East Regional Library events
East Regional Library at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale, lists activities online at wakegov.com/libraries. For more, call 919-217-5300.
▪ East Regional Library offers storytime for various ages. Baby Storytime is 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Toddler Storytime is 9:30a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays and 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Fridays. Preschool Storytime is 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Mondays, and 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Thursdays. Family Storytime is 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 1:30 p.m. Sundays.
Knightdale Parks and Recreation
▪ The Ready to Learn program offers free classes for ages 2 to 5 at Knightdale Parks and Recreation, 950 Steeple Square Court. All classes require parent participation. For more information, contact Shelia Dodd at 919-365-2606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wendell Library events
Wendell Community Library holds events for children in kindergarten through fifth grade at 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 207 S. Hollybrook Road, Wendell. Call 919-365-2600 for more information.
▪ Story times begin at 10:30 a.m. Monday, Wednesday-Friday and 11:30 a.m. Saturdays. Ages 5 and younger and their caregivers will participate in a program with books, music, rhymes and movement. Registration is not required.
▪ K-5 Adventures is at 4:30 p.m. every Tuesday. Kids read, create, discover and explore through books, activities and more.
▪ ABC Craft & Snack program: 10:30 a.m. every Saturday, for ages 3-5.
▪ Marbles Kids Museum play dates: 3-5 p.m. the first Saturday of each month, for ages 3-5.
Zebulon Library events
Zebulon Community Library, 1000 Dogwood Drive, hosts several ongoing events. For information, visit wakegov.com/libraries/locations or call 919-404-3610.
▪ Story time: 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
▪ K-5 Adventures: 4:30 p.m. Thursdays.