Bread for Life of America and its community partners give free food to those in need at 10 a.m. the third Saturday of the month at the Zebulon Boys and Girls Club, 1320 Shepard School Road.
For information, call Roger Brantley at 252-314-1457.
Library events for children
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
East Regional Library: Story times for children and families are throughout the week at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale. Baby story time is at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Toddler story time is 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays and 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. Fridays. Story time for preschoolers is 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Mondays and 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Thursdays. Family story time is 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 1:30 p.m. Sundays.
Wendell Community Library: The library holds events for children at 207 S. Hollybrook Road. Story time for toddlers is 10:30 a.m. Mondays and Thursdays. Preschool story time is 10:30 a.m. AVC Craft and Learn is 10:30 a.m. Saturdays. Call 919-365-2600 for more information.
A complete list of other events, including special story times, art and science is online at wakegov.com/libraries.
‘Wake County Wildlife’
Learn about local wildlife at the East Regional Library from 7-8 p.m. Wednesday, July 20, at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale.
Girl Scout Troop 1859 hosts a story time from 10-11 a.m. Tuesdays under the picnic shelter at Archer Lodge Park, 14009 Buffalo Road, Clayton.
Sherry Conrad Frye’s photography exhibit, “Birds, Blooms, and Butterflies,” will be on display through July in the art gallery at Greystone at Widewaters, 1001 Greystone Common Drive, Knightdale. The gallery is free and open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays and 1-5 p.m. on Sundays.
East Wake Senior Center’s semiannual Rex Mobile Mammography visit will be 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 9, at 232 Lake Drive, Wendell.
Registration by Tuesday, July 26, is required. Visit the center to fill out a registration form. Bring your health insurance card, if you have one, and identification. For details, call 919-365-4248.
The Senior Center and Resources for Seniors sponsor a caregivers’ support group from 9:30-11 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St. For details, call 919-365-4248.
Knightdale: The Knightdale Community Pool will be open through Monday, Sept. 5.
Four-day swimming classes will be held through August. For details, go to knightdalenc.gov.
Zebulon: The Zebulon Swimming Pool offers four-hour American Red Cross Swimming Lessons for ages 4-13 through August. Classes cost $40 for non-members. For details, call Barnanne Creech 919-291-9288 or email email@example.com.
The Zebulon Swim Team is accepting new members. For more information, go to zebulonswimteam.swimtopia.com.
Free shag and ballroom dance classes, led by Gaylord Picard, will be 2-4 p.m. through Wednesday, Aug. 31, at 323 Lake Drive, Wendell.
Wear shoes with smooth soles. For more information or to sign up, call 919-365-4248.
Support Group for Caregivers
The Support Group for Caregivers, sponsored by Resources for Seniors, is led by a trained Alzheimer’s facilitator. Regular meetings are from 9:30-11 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St., Wendell. The support group is a confidential safe place to share one’s challenges, frustrations, sadness and loneliness with others. To register call 919-365-4248.
ESL (English as a Second Language) classes are from 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Green Pines Baptist Church, 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale. For details, call 919-266-1613.
NAMI Connections Support Group
NAMI Connections Support Group will meet from 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays at Northside Community Church, 621 N. First Ave., Knightdale. All are welcome. NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) provides free support groups for adults living with a mental illness. Contact Lisa at 919-819-1580 for more information.
East Wake Education Foundation
The East Wake Education Foundation hosts recurring events throughout the year. For a complete list, visit www.EastWakeEducationFoundation.org. Events are at the East Wake Education Foundation Family & Child Resource Center, 16 E. Fourth St., Wendell.
▪ Play Day is 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
▪ Teachable Monday, which offers an in-house field trip or story time and crafts, is at 10 a.m. Mondays.
▪ Ready, Set, Read is at 10 a.m. Tuesdays. The program for children ages 4-5 includes symbol and sound recognition and writing practice.
▪ Wacky Wednesday offers music, stories and art at 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
▪ Thumpin’ Thursday, at 10 a.m. Thursdays, is an exercise program that helps children develop motor skills.
East Regional Library events
East Regional Library at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale, lists activities online at wakegov.com/libraries. For more, call 919-217-5300.
▪ East Regional Library offers storytime for various ages. Baby Storytime is 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Toddler Storytime is 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays and 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Fridays. Preschool Storytime is 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Mondays, and 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Thursdays. Family Storytime is 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 1:30 p.m. Sundays.
Knightdale Parks and Recreation
▪ The Ready to Learn program offers free classes for ages 2 to 5 at Knightdale Parks and Recreation, 950 Steeple Square Court. All classes require parent participation. For more information, contact Shelia Dodd at 919-365-2606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zebulon Library events
Zebulon Community Library, 1000 Dogwood Drive, hosts several ongoing events. For information, visit wakegov.com/libraries/locations or call 919-404-3610.
▪ Story time: 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
▪ K-5 Adventures: 4:30 p.m. Thursdays.