• Knightdale Parks and Recreation offers Katandi classes on Fridays from 6:30-8 p.m. at the new K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The cost is $5 per class for adults. Children age 15 or younger can attend for $3 or for free if accompanied by an adult.
Katandi West African rhythmic movement connects with the rhythms of African drums while learning fundamental and traditional movements derived from Guinea, Mali and Senegal.
• The Knightdale Recreation Center, located at 102 Lawson Ridge Road, offers several fitness opportunities for children.
Kindertot, for 2-year-olds, meets Thursdays from 3-3:30 p.m. at a cost of $35 per month (four sessions). The program is designed to develop gross motor skills, movement creativity, physical development and body awareness, while learning numbers, colors, shapes and songs.
Kinderdance, for ages 3-5, meets Wednesdays from 6:30-7:15 p.m. at a cost of $42 per session. This is a developmental dance, movement and fitness program taught on three levels. It teaches the basics of ballet, tap, acrobatics and creative movement while blending educational concepts.
Registration for these programs can be completed at Knightdale Town Hall, 950 Steeple Square Court, or by calling owner/instructor Elizabeth Littleton at 919-274-7055.
• Knightdale Parks and Recreation is now offering yoga classes at the new K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave., on Saturday mornings.
The classes run from 10-11 a.m. at a cost of $9 per class. Participants are asked to bring their own mat and bottled water.
For more information, call 919-217-2236.
• Zumba classes are held at 6 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. every Tuesday, and from 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Thursday at the K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave. The cost is $5 per class, pay at time of class.
The town’s newest Zumba class, Zumba Gold, which offers a scaled back version of the dance moves, meets Thursdays from 10:30-11:15 a.m. at the K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave. The cost is $5 at the door.
• Mandy’s Aerobics is an ongoing class held at the K-Fit Center.
Class are held Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30-9 a.m. (abs) and 9-10 a.m. (step/sculpt). Classes also meet Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m., and Sundays beginning at 6 p.m.
The cost is $5 per class, and all equipment is provided except for a mat or towel and water bottle. For more information, call 919-217-2236.
The Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St., has several offerings for those interested in exercising. For more information on the following programs, call the center at 919-366-2266.
• Living Well in Wendell hosts free classes once a month from 7 to 8 p.m. in the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St., Wendell. On Aug. 28, the topic will be “Breakfast on the run.”
• Total Body Fitness with Beth Narron is held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 a.m. and Zumba is held Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
• Boot Camp fitness class with Beth Narron meets Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
• The community center weight room is open Monday to Thursday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost for all members is $10 per month.
The Zebulon Community Center, 301 S. Arendell Ave., has several offerings for those interested in exercise and health-related events. For more information on the following programs, call the center at 919-823-0432.
• Kid’s Fitness for grades K-5 gives children an opportunity to learn more about fitness, exercise and healthy eating.
The class, instructed by Amy Scaggs, consists of age-appropriate exercises (cardio and body weight muscle work), games that include moving and a short lesson on healthy eating.
There is a five-child minimum and 12-child maximum for the classes, which will meet Thursdays from 4-5 p.m. The cost per month is $15 for residents and $20 for nonresidents.
• Zumba classes are offered Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-7 p.m. Yoga classes are held Wednesdays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 6 p.m.
Strength training is offered Thursdays at 9 a.m. and trekking meets Tuesdays at 9 a.m. Use your get fit pass or pay $5 per class.
• Senior aerobics are held Thursdays at 10 a.m. and cost $3 for Zebulon residents and $4 for nonresidents per visit. Senior walking group meets Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
• Family gym time is offered free on Mondays from 4-5:30 p.m. for children 15 and younger with parental supervision.
Children ages 7-12 can take part in open gym on Tuesdays from 4:30-5:30 p.m. for $1 per visit. Open gym for youth ages 13-17 is Wednesdays from 4-5:30 p.m. for $1 per visit. And open gym for adults 18 and older is offered on Tuesdays from 6:30-8 p.m. at a cost of $2 for residents and $3 for nonresidents.
• Karate classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. Cost is $35 for Zebulon residents, $45 for nonresidents.
• Senior cards time is held for free Tuesdays and Fridays at 10 a.m.
• Free walking programs are offered Monday through Friday from 7-11 a.m.