▪ The Knightdale Recreation Center, located at 102 Lawson Ridge Road, offers several fitness opportunities for children.
Kindertot, for 2-year-olds, meets Thursdays from 3-3:30 p.m. at a cost of $35 per month (four sessions). The program is designed to develop gross motor skills, movement creativity, physical development and body awareness, while learning numbers, colors, shapes and songs.
Kinderdance, for ages 3-5, meets Wednesdays from 6:30-7:15 p.m. at a cost of $42 per session. This is a developmental dance, movement and fitness program taught on three levels. It teaches the basics of ballet, tap, acrobatics and creative movement while blending educational concepts.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Registration for these programs can be completed at Knightdale Town Hall, 950 Steeple Square Court, or by calling owner/instructor Elizabeth Littleton at 919-274-7055.
▪ Zumba classes are held at 6 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. every Tuesday, and from 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Thursday at the K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave. The cost is $5 per class, pay at time of class.
▪ The town’s newest Zumba class, Zumba Gold, which offers a scaled back version of the dance moves, meets Thursdays from 10:30-11:15 a.m. at the K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave. The cost is $5 at the door.
▪ Mandy’s Aerobics is an ongoing class held at the K-Fit Center.
Class are held Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30-9 a.m. (abs) and 9-10 a.m. (step/sculpt). Classes also meet Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m., and Sundays beginning at 6 p.m.
The cost is $5 per class, and all equipment is provided except for a mat or towel and water bottle. For more information, call 919-217-2236.
▪ Knightdale Parks and Recreation holds a yoga class every Sunday from 4:30-5:30 p.m. at the K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave., Knightdale. The cost is $8 per class and can be paid on site with cash or credit. For more information, call 919-217-2234.
The Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St., has several offerings for those interested in exercising. For more information on the following programs, call the center at 919-366-2266.
▪ Zumba with Beth Narron is held Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
▪ The community center weight room is open Monday to Thursday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost for all members is $10 per month.
▪ Wendell Parks and Recreation holds weekly CPR/AED, first aid, and child and babysitting safety classes at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St. For times and other details, call 919-366-2266.
The Zebulon Community Center, 301 S. Arendell Ave., has several offerings for those interested in exercise and health-related events. For more information on the following programs, call the center at 919-823-0432.
▪ Family Saturdays feature events from 10 to 11 a.m. at the center. Basketball for ages 8-13 is $20/$25 (resident/non-resident) or $5 per class; Zumba for kids ages 7-11 is $20/25 or $5 per class; and Yoga for adults is $5 per class, or use your Get Fit pass.
▪ A line dancing class will take place at 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
▪ Kid’s Fitness for grades K-5 gives children an opportunity to learn more about fitness, exercise and healthy eating.
The class, instructed by Amy Scaggs, consists of age-appropriate exercises (cardio and body weight muscle work), games that include moving and a short lesson on healthy eating.
There is a five-child minimum and 12-child maximum for the classes, which will meet Thursdays from 4-5 p.m. The cost per month is $15 for residents and $20 for nonresidents.
▪ Zumba classes are offered Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-7 p.m.
▪ Yoga classes are held Wednesdays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 6 p.m.
▪ Strength training is offered Thursdays at 9 a.m. and trekking meets Tuesdays at 9 a.m. Use your get fit pass or pay $5 per class.
▪ Senior aerobics are held Thursdays at 10 a.m. and cost $3 for Zebulon residents and $4 for nonresidents per visit. Senior walking group meets Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
▪ Family gym time is offered free on Mondays from 4-5:30 p.m. for children 15 and younger with parental supervision.
Children ages 7-12 can take part in open gym on Tuesdays from 4:30-5:30 p.m. for $1 per visit. Open gym for youth ages 13-17 is Wednesdays from 4-5:30 p.m. for $1 per visit. And open gym for adults 18 and older is offered on Tuesdays from 6:30-8 p.m. at a cost of $2 for residents and $3 for nonresidents.
▪ Karate classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. Cost is $35 for Zebulon residents, $45 for nonresidents.
▪ Senior cards time is held for free Tuesdays and Fridays at 10 a.m.
▪ Free walking programs are offered Monday through Friday from 7-11 a.m.