▪ The Knightdale Recreation Center, located at 102 Lawson Ridge Road, offers several fitness opportunities for children. For more information, contact Michelle Wester at 919-217-2232.
▪ Abrakadoodle, held at the Knightdale Recreation Center, is a chance for kids ages 5-10 to develop art skills and explore their creative side with no pressure and have fun while doing it. The cost is $75 per four-week session with classes held Saturdays from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Session dates are April 25-May 16; May 30-June 20; and July 11-Aug. 1.
▪ Knightdale Parks and Recreation offers various day trips for seniors throughout the year. Learn more about trips offered at knightdalenc.gov.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
▪ Various facility rental opportunities are available through Knightdale Parks & Recreation, including at the recreation center, pool and clubhouse and Knightdale Station Park. Learn more at knightdalenc.gov.
▪ Zumba classes are held at 6 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. every Tuesday, and from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. every Thursday at the K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave. The cost is $5 per class, pay at time of class.
▪ The town’s newest Zumba class, Zumba Gold, which offers a scaled back version of the dance moves, meets Thursdays from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. at the K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave. The cost is $5 at the door.
▪ Mandy’s Aerobics is an ongoing class held at the K-Fit Center.
Class are held Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30 to 9 a.m. (abs) and 9 to 10 a.m. (step/sculpt). Classes also meet Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., and Sundays beginning at 6 p.m.
The cost is $5 per class, and all equipment is provided except for a mat or towel and water bottle. For more information, call 919-217-2236.
▪ Knightdale Parks and Recreation holds a yoga class every Sunday from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave., Knightdale. The cost is $8 per class and can be paid on site with cash or credit. For more information, call 919-217-2234.
The Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St., has several offerings for those interested in exercising. For more information on the following programs, call the center at 919-366-2266.
▪ Zumba with Beth Narron is held Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
▪ The community center weight room is open Monday to Thursday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost for all members is $10 per month.
▪ Wendell Parks and Recreation holds weekly CPR/AED, first aid, and child and babysitting safety classes at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St. For times and other details, call 919-366-2266.
The Zebulon Community Center, 301 S. Arendell Ave., has several offerings for those interested in exercise and health-related events. For more information on the following programs, call the center at 919-823-0432.
▪ Family Saturdays feature events from 10 to 11 a.m. at the center at a cost of $5 per class. The classes are basketball and Sizzling Science for ages 7-12 and yoga and Zumba for adults.
▪ A new step-sculpt-tone class meets Tuesday nights at 6 p.m. through June at cost of $5 per class, or use your Get Fit pass and save.
▪ Zumba classes are offered Mondays and Wednesdays from 6 to 7 p.m.
▪ Yoga classes are held Mondays and Wednesdays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 6 p.m.
▪ Strength training is offered Thursdays at 9 a.m. and trekking meets Tuesdays at 9 a.m. Use your Get Fit pass or pay $5 per class.
▪ Senior aerobics are held Thursdays at 10 a.m. and cost $3 for Zebulon residents and $4 for nonresidents per visit. Senior walking group meets Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
▪ Family gym time is offered free on Mondays from 4 to 5:30 p.m. for children 15 and younger with parental supervision.
Children ages 7-12 can take part in open gym on Tuesdays from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. for $1 per visit. Open gym for youth ages 13-17 is Wednesdays from 4 to 5:30 p.m. for $1 per visit. And open gym for adults 18 and older is offered on Tuesdays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at a cost of $2 for residents and $3 for nonresidents.
▪ Karate classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. Cost is $35 for Zebulon residents, $45 for nonresidents.
▪ Senior cards time is held for free Tuesdays and Fridays at 10 a.m.
▪ Free walking programs are offered Monday through Friday from 7 to 11 a.m.