▪ The Knightdale Recreation Center, located at 102 Lawson Ridge Road, offers several fitness opportunities for children. For more information, contact Michelle Wester at 919-217-2232.
▪ Abrakadoodle, held at the Knightdale Recreation Center, is a chance for kids ages 5-10 to develop art skills and explore their creative side with no pressure and have fun while doing it. The cost is $75 per four-week session with classes held Saturdays from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Remaining session dates are July 11-Aug. 1.
▪ Knightdale Parks and Recreation offers various day trips for seniors throughout the year. Learn more about trips offered at knightdalenc.gov.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Various facility rental opportunities are available through Knightdale Parks & Recreation, including at the recreation center, pool and clubhouse and Knightdale Station Park. Learn more at knightdalenc.gov.
▪ Zumba classes are held at 6 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. every Tuesday, and from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. every Thursday at the K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave. The cost is $5 per class, pay at time of class.
▪ The town’s newest Zumba class, Zumba Gold, which offers a scaled back version of the dance moves, meets Thursdays from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. at the K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave. The cost is $5 at the door.
▪ Mandy’s Aerobics is an ongoing class held at the K-Fit Center. Class are held Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30 to 9 a.m. (abs) and 9 to 10 a.m. (step/sculpt). Classes also meet Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., and Sundays beginning at 6 p.m. The cost is $5 per class, and all equipment is provided except for a mat or towel and water bottle. For more information, call 919-217-2236.
▪ Knightdale Parks and Recreation holds a yoga class every Sunday from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave., Knightdale. The cost is $8 per class and can be paid on site with cash or credit. For more information, call 919-217-2234.
The Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St., has several offerings for those interested in exercising. For more information on the following programs, call the center at 919-366-2266.
▪ Zumba with Beth Narron is held Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
▪ The community center weight room is open Monday to Thursday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost for all members is $10 per month.
▪ Wendell Parks and Recreation holds weekly CPR/AED, first aid, and child and babysitting safety classes at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St. For times and other details, call 919-366-2266.
The Zebulon Community Center, 301 S. Arendell Ave., has several offerings for those interested in exercise and health-related events. For more information on the following programs, call the center at 919-823-0432.
▪ Line dancing classes instructed by Inga Beck are held Wednesdays at 6 p.m. at the Zebulon Community Center. The cost is $5 per class.
▪ The Zebulon Community Center is holding open gym sessions for two co-ed age groups this summer. The gym will be open at no cost to ages 9-12 on Thursdays from 4:30-5:30 p.m. with a 20-participant limit. Parent permission is required but parents to not have to stay. The gym will be open to ages 13-18 on Wednesdays from 4-5:30 p.m. at a cost of $1 per week. There is a 15 participant limit for this age group and all players must register. A supervisor will be on site during both sessions.
▪ Family Saturdays feature events from 10 to 11 a.m. at the center at a cost of $5 per class. The classes are basketball and Sizzling Science for ages 7-12 and yoga and Zumba for adults.
▪ A new step-sculpt-tone class meets Tuesday nights at 6 p.m. through June at cost of $5 per class, or use your Get Fit pass and save.
▪ Zumba classes are offered Mondays and Wednesdays from 6 to 7 p.m.
▪ Yoga classes are held Mondays and Wednesdays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 6 p.m.
▪ Strength training is offered Thursdays at 9 a.m. and trekking meets Tuesdays at 9 a.m. Use your Get Fit pass or pay $5 per class.
▪ Senior aerobics are held Thursdays at 10 a.m. and cost $3 for Zebulon residents and $4 for nonresidents per visit. Senior walking group meets Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
▪ Family gym time is offered free on Mondays from 4 to 5:30 p.m. for children 15 and younger with parental supervision. Children ages 7-12 can take part in open gym on Tuesdays from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. for $1 per visit. Open gym for youth ages 13-17 is Wednesdays from 4 to 5:30 p.m. for $1 per visit. And open gym for adults 18 and older is offered on Tuesdays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at a cost of $2 for residents and $3 for nonresidents.
▪ Karate classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. Cost is $35 for Zebulon residents, $45 for nonresidents.
▪ Senior cards time is held for free Tuesdays and Fridays at 10 a.m.
▪ Free walking programs are offered Monday through Friday from 7 to 11 a.m.