The Wake County school system has announced the 13 finalists for the 2014 Teacher of the Year award.
The finalists are:
• Dorothy Andrews of Daniels Middle in Raleigh.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Sarah Bratton of Sycamore Creek Elementary in Raleigh.
• Laurie Bubenik of Vandora Springs Elementary in Garner.
• Susan DePerno of East Cary Middle in Cary.
• Christine Hahner of Wiley Elementary in Raleigh.
• Joy Hughes of Holly Ridge Middle in Holly Springs.
• Janice Kidd of Mills Park Middle in Cary.
• Kristen Larsen of Sanderson High in Raleigh.
• Brian Quigley of Lockhart Elementary in Knightdale.
• Allison Reid of Heritage High in Wake Forest.
• Penny Smith of East Millbrook Middle in Raleigh.
• Gail Stevens of Dillard Drive Middle in Raleigh.
• Jennifer Wood of Smith Elementary in Garner.
The 2014 Wake County Teacher of the Year will be named at a banquet May 8.