Back to School Bash
• The second annual Back to School Bash will be held from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, August, 23, at Garner United Methodist Church, 201 Methodist Drive. The event is for students in the Garner area that need help with school supplies for back to school.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The Bash features fun, games, food, face painting and school supplies. It will also feature McGruff the Crime Dog and a Child ID Clinic.
The event is free and sponsored by Garner United Methodist, Garner Police Athletic/Activies League (PAAL) and numerous other Garner area business.
Hayes youth activities
Hayes Chapel Christian Church will start the 2014/15 AWANA and CIA youth activities (grades K through 12) on Sunday, Sep 7th. Meetings will be each Sunday from 5:45 to 7:30 PM. Preregistration on Saturday, Aug 30th from 1 to 3 p.m. at the church. All youth are invited. There is no cost to participate. Contact: Bob Daubenspeck, 919-772-5710.
The ninth annual Family Fun Festival will be held Saturday, Sept. 6 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 5771 N.C. 42, Garner. Activities include carnival games, inflatables, face painting, pony rides and food. For more information contact Pastor Mike Knight of Community Baptist Church at 919-773-3131.
Clayton ice cream social
Christ Community United Methodist Church, 1082 Amelia Church Rd., Clayton, is having an ice cream social, on Wednesday, August 20, 2014 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
There will be games, lots of fun and ice cream. The public is invited. For more information, call: 919-553-9770.
• New Bethel Baptist Church will hold a craft show from Nov. 8-9 and is in need of vendors. Email email@example.com for more information.
• Mount Moriah Preschool is accepting registration for the fall for ages 18 months to 4 years. Homeschool enrichment classes are also offered for kindergarten-5th grade children. Call 919-772-1273 or visit mountmoriahpreschool.net for more information. The Johnston County public school’s calendar is followed.
• Highland Baptist Child Enrichment Center at 8524 Crowder Road, Raleigh is accepting registration for the fall for children ages 1 to 4. Call 919-779-6768 or visit HighlandBaptistChurch.org.
• The Growing Place is a half-day preschool located at Aversboro Road Baptist Church, 1600 Aversboro Road, Garner. The preschool continues to accept registrations for its Fall 2014 program that serves infants through pre-K children.
• Saint Andrews United Methodist Church Preschool is accepting registration for the fall for toddlers through pre-K. Hours are 9:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. or 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 919-773-2606 or visit saintandrewsumc.org to register.
• Bethesda Baptist Church WEE Ones preschool will run from 9:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., beginning Sept. 2, at 4967 U.S. 70 Business, Clayton. Enroll at BethesdaClayton.com or call 919-907-0933.
• Shiloh Baptist Church hosts GriefShare, DivorceCare and DivorceCare for Kids support groups at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner. There is no cost, and participants may enter at any session. Child care is available upon request. For more information, visitwww.shilohgarner.org
or call 919-553-3319.
• Mount Zion United Methodist Church’s Healing Hope Cancer Support Group will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month, in the Share & Care classroom at the church, 15772 N.C. 50, Garner. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-550-9092.
• The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints hosts a New Testament Bible study at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at 1433 Aversboro Road, Garner. The group is ongoing. For more information, visitmormonbiblestudy.wordpress.com
• Men’s Bible study of Johnston County continues a verse-by-verse study of the Gospel of St. Matthew 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays at First Baptist Church, 202 S. Fourth St., Smithfield. This study group runs through May. Visitwww.mbsjohnstoncounty.com