Ice cream social
Christ Community Church will hold its final ice cream social of 2014 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 24, at 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton.
Saint Andrews United Methodist Church will hold a “Low Country Boil Dinner” at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 27, at 1201 Maxwell Drive, Raleigh. Proceeds will go toward the building fund. Visit SaintAndrewsUMC.org or call 919-772-4410 for more information.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
Cockman Family performs
The award-winning bluegrass/gospel band The Cockman Family will sing during worship service and hold a free concert after lunch Sunday, Oct. 5, for First Baptist Church of Garner at Lake Benson Park, 921 Buffaloe Road, Garner. Morning activities will take place at 9:45 a.m., and the concert will begin at 12:30 p.m. For more information visit fbcgarner.org/park.
Saint Andrews United Methodist Church will host Harvest America at 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 5, at 1201 Maxwell Drive, Raleigh. Harvest America is a live web stream event featuring top Christian artists and a Gospel message by Greg Laurie. Call 919-772-4410 for more information.
Shiloh Baptist Church will hold its annual homecoming at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 12, at 3514 N. Shiloh Road, Garner. The Rev. Walter Jones will speak for the 154th anniversary of the church’s founding.
Oakland Presbyterian Church will hold its Craft Sale Bazaar from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, at 8927 Cleveland Road, Clayton. The church is seeking crafters to sell handcrafted items in single, double, outdoor parking lot and special spaces. For more information call 919-934-5476.
• New Bethel Baptist Church will hold a craft show from Nov. 8-9 and is in need of vendors. Email email@example.com for more information.
• Mount Moriah Preschool is accepting registration for the fall for ages 18 months to 4 years. Homeschool enrichment classes are also offered for kindergarten-5th grade children. Call 919-772-1273 or visit mountmoriahpreschool.net for more information. The Johnston County public school’s calendar is followed.
• Highland Baptist Child Enrichment Center at 8524 Crowder Road, Raleigh is accepting registration for the fall for children ages 1 to 4. Call 919-779-6768 or visit HighlandBaptistChurch.org.
• The Growing Place is a half-day preschool located at Aversboro Road Baptist Church, 1600 Aversboro Road, Garner. The preschool continues to accept registrations for its Fall 2014 program that serves infants through pre-K children.
• Saint Andrews United Methodist Church Preschool is accepting registration for the fall for toddlers through pre-K. Hours are 9:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. or 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 919-773-2606 or visit saintandrewsumc.org to register.
• Bethesda Baptist Church WEE Ones preschool will run from 9:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., beginning Sept. 2, at 4967 U.S. 70 Business, Clayton. Enroll at BethesdaClayton.com or call 919-907-0933.
• Shiloh Baptist Church hosts GriefShare, DivorceCare and DivorceCare for Kids support groups at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner. There is no cost, and participants may enter at any session. Child care is available upon request. For more information, visitwww.shilohgarner.org
or call 919-553-3319.
• Mount Zion United Methodist Church’s Healing Hope Cancer Support Group will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month, in the Share & Care classroom at the church, 15772 N.C. 50, Garner. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-550-9092.
• Sisters Sharing the Savior will study Isaiah using the Life Change Series as a guide from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. from Sept. 9 through mid-March at Christ Community United Methodist Church, 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton. Call 919-989-8974 for more information.
• The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints hosts a New Testament Bible study at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at 1433 Aversboro Road, Garner. The group is ongoing. For more information, visitmormonbiblestudy.wordpress.com
• Men’s Bible study of Johnston County continues a verse-by-verse study of the Gospel of St. Matthew 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays at First Baptist Church, 202 S. Fourth St., Smithfield. This study group runs through May. Visitwww.mbsjohnstoncounty.com