• Mount Zion United Methodist Church will hold its family fall festival from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 26, at 15772 N.C. 50 North, Garner. Visit mountzion-umc.org for more information.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
• New Bethel Baptist Church will hold a GlowFest from 7:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 29, at 2110 Benson Road, Garner. The family event will include refreshments, games, a cake walk, devotional time, a costume contest and a pumpkin-carving contest. Bring non-scary costumes and carvings only.
• Plymouth Church will hold a Trunk or Treat from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31, at 6104 Rock Service Station Road, Raleigh. The free event will include live music, games and more.
• Vision Baptist Church will host a fall festival from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31, at 7633 Buffaloe Road, Raleigh. The festival will include games, a hayride and hot dogs.
• Saint Andrews United Methodist Church will host a fall festival from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 2, at 1201 Maxwell Drive, Raleigh. The festival will include games, music, hot dogs, candy, a hayride and more. For details, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount Zion United Methodist Church will hold its annual Christmas bazaar from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, at 15772 N.C. 50 North, Garner. Vendors will sell art, jewelry, crafts and holiday gifts. A snack bar will be available for breakfast and lunch items, drinks, snacks and desserts. Vendor tables can be rented at mountzion-umc.org.
New Bethel Baptist Church will hold a craft show from Nov. 8-9 and is in need of vendors. Email email@example.com for more information.
CreARTive Spirit Paint Night will give participants an opportunity to experience social painting in a Christian environment from 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, Nov. 14, at ELEOS, 1701 Aversboro Road, Garner. The cost is $30 per person and includes hors d’oeuvres and supplies. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Visit eleosgarner.com for more information.
Holiday support group
Shiloh Baptist Church will host “Surviving the Holidays” from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 15, at 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner. The workshop is designed to help those who are grieving the loss of a loved one or going through divorce deal with facing the holidays. There is no cost, and childcare is provided upon request. For details, visit shilohgarner.org.
The Salvation Army of Johnston County and Triangle Travelers for Jesus, the Raleigh chapter of the Christian Motorcyclists Association, will hold the 19th annual Ina Fitts Memorial Toy Run at 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 15, starting at Capital PowerSports, 10920 Star Road, Wake Forest. Participants will stop at Garcia Moto and Team PowerSports at 222 U.S. 70 East, Garner, before heading to the Wal Mart at 1299 Brightleaf Blvd., Smithfield. Riders are asked to bring a new, unwrapped toy to donate. There will be drop boxes at each dealership. For details, call Richard Streib at 919-673-1522.
Oakland Presbyterian Church will hold its Craft Sale Bazaar from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, at 8927 Cleveland Road, Clayton. The church is seeking crafters to sell handcrafted items in single, double, outdoor parking lot and special spaces. For more information call 919-934-5476.
Pasta & Prizes
Able to Serve, Inc. will hold a Pasta & Prizes fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 25, at the Garner Civitan Clubhouse, 1005 Poole Drive, Garner. Each $10 ticket includes baked ziti, bread, dessert, tea and a raffle prize ticket. Raffle prizes include a $100 Angus Barn gift card, two $50 BP gas cards, a Microsoft Surface 64 GB, a manicure and pedicure gift certificate and an Italian gift basket. Walk-ins are welcome. To purchase tickets, call 919-779-5545 or visit Able to Serve at 157 Technology Drive, Garner.
• Mount Moriah Preschool is accepting registration for the fall for ages 18 months to 4 years. Homeschool enrichment classes are also offered for kindergarten-5th grade children. Call 919-772-1273 or visit mountmoriahpreschool.net for more information. The Johnston County public school’s calendar is followed.
• Highland Baptist Child Enrichment Center at 8524 Crowder Road, Raleigh is accepting registration for the fall for children ages 1 to 4. Call 919-779-6768 or visit HighlandBaptistChurch.org.
• The Growing Place is a half-day preschool located at Aversboro Road Baptist Church, 1600 Aversboro Road, Garner. The preschool continues to accept registrations for its Fall 2014 program that serves infants through pre-K children.
• Saint Andrews United Methodist Church Preschool is accepting registration for the fall for toddlers through pre-K. Hours are 9:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. or 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 919-773-2606 or visit saintandrewsumc.org to register.
• Bethesda Baptist Church WEE Ones preschool will run from 9:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., beginning Sept. 2, at 4967 U.S. 70 Business, Clayton. Enroll at BethesdaClayton.com or call 919-907-0933.
• Shiloh Baptist Church hosts GriefShare, DivorceCare and DivorceCare for Kids support groups at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner. There is no cost, and participants may enter at any session. Child care is available upon request. For more information, visitwww.shilohgarner.org
or call 919-553-3319.
• Mount Zion United Methodist Church’s Healing Hope Cancer Support Group will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month, in the Share & Care classroom at the church, 15772 N.C. 50, Garner. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-550-9092.
• Sisters Sharing the Savior will study Isaiah using the Life Change Series as a guide from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. from Sept. 9 through mid-March at Christ Community United Methodist Church, 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton. Call 919-989-8974 for more information.
• The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints hosts a New Testament Bible study at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at 1433 Aversboro Road, Garner. The group is ongoing. For more information, visitmormonbiblestudy.wordpress.com
• Men’s Bible study of Johnston County continues a verse-by-verse study of the Gospel of St. Matthew 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays at First Baptist Church, 202 S. Fourth St., Smithfield. This study group runs through May. Visitwww.mbsjohnstoncounty.com