Boston butt sale
Ernest Myatt Presbyterian Church will sell hickory-smoked Boston butts at 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, at 4926 Fayetteville Road, Raleigh. Butts are $30 and must be pre-ordered by Nov. 16 by calling the church office at 919-772-4611.
Elizabeth United Methodist Church will host its annual turkey shoot from 5 to 10 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, at 4269 Cleveland Road, Smithfield. The family event is $4 per shot, or 6 shots for $20. No turkeys will be harmed at the event; instead, participants will shoot at targets for a chance to win a turkey. Refreshments including chili, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, baked goods, coffee, hot chocolate and cold drinks will be for sale.
Oakland Presbyterian Church will hold its Craft Sale Bazaar from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, at 8927 Cleveland Road, Clayton. There will be breakfast and lunch items for sale, and babysitting will be provided. For details, call 919-934-5476.
Fellowship Baptist will host a free community concert at 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, at 5029 Old Stage Road, Raleigh. Brother-sister southern gospel quartet The Taylors will perform at the concert. For details, call 919-772-2423.
Saint Andrews United Methodist Church will host a community Thanksgiving service at 4 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23, at 1201 Maxwell Drive, Raleigh. Other Garner churches including Garner United Methodist, First Presbyterian Church of Garner, Ernest Myatt Presbyterian Church, Poplar Springs Christian Church and Garner Advent Christian Church will participate. Light refreshments will follow the service.
• Mount Moriah Preschool is accepting registration for the fall for ages 18 months to 4 years. Homeschool enrichment classes are also offered for kindergarten-5th grade children. Call 919-772-1273 or visit mountmoriahpreschool.net for more information. The Johnston County public school’s calendar is followed.
• Highland Baptist Child Enrichment Center at 8524 Crowder Road, Raleigh is accepting registration for the fall for children ages 1 to 4. Call 919-779-6768 or visit HighlandBaptistChurch.org.
• The Growing Place is a half-day preschool located at Aversboro Road Baptist Church, 1600 Aversboro Road, Garner. The preschool continues to accept registrations for its Fall 2014 program that serves infants through pre-K children.
• Saint Andrews United Methodist Church Preschool is accepting registration for the fall for toddlers through pre-K. Hours are 9:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. or 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 919-773-2606 or visit saintandrewsumc.org to register.
• Bethesda Baptist Church WEE Ones preschool will run from 9:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., beginning Sept. 2, at 4967 U.S. 70 Business, Clayton. Enroll at BethesdaClayton.com or call 919-907-0933.
• Shiloh Baptist Church hosts GriefShare, DivorceCare and DivorceCare for Kids support groups at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner. There is no cost, and participants may enter at any session. Child care is available upon request. For more information, visitwww.shilohgarner.org
or call 919-553-3319.
• Mount Zion United Methodist Church’s Healing Hope Cancer Support Group will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month, in the Share & Care classroom at the church, 15772 N.C. 50, Garner. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-550-9092.
• Sisters Sharing the Savior will study Isaiah using the Life Change Series as a guide from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. from Sept. 9 through mid-March at Christ Community United Methodist Church, 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton. Call 919-989-8974 for more information.
• The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints hosts a New Testament Bible study at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at 1433 Aversboro Road, Garner. The group is ongoing. For more information, visitmormonbiblestudy.wordpress.com
• Men’s Bible study of Johnston County continues a verse-by-verse study of the Gospel of St. Matthew 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays at First Baptist Church, 202 S. Fourth St., Smithfield. This study group runs through May. Visitwww.mbsjohnstoncounty.com