Several municipal and county services will be closed or operating on a restricted schedule Thursday, Nov. 27, and Friday, Nov. 28.
• Wake County offices will be closed Thursday and Friday.
• Libraries will be closed Thursday and Friday.
• County parks will be closed Thursday but will reopen Friday.
• The Wake County Animal Center will be closed Thursday and Friday.
• Solid Waste Convenience Centers, Multi-Material/Household Hazardous Convenience Centers, the South Wake Landfill and the East Wake Transfer Station will be closed Thursday and will reopen Friday.
• Post offices will be closed Thursday.
• Garner town offices will be closed Thursday and Friday.
• Garner trash pickup scheduled for Thanksgiving day will instead be picked up Friday, and Friday’s pickup will occur on Saturday.
• ABC stores will be closed Thursday.
Mount Zion United Methodist Church will host Unpacking Christmas from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 30, at 15772 N.C. 50 N., Garner. There will be a live nativity scene, Christmas music, hot chocolate, a display of unique nativity sets, and an opportunity to experience the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of first century Bethlehem. For details, go to mountzion-umc.org.
The Town of Garner Christmas parade will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 6, in downtown Garner. This year’s parade theme is “Santa’s Got a Brand New Bag,” and will celebrate the joy of giving in conjunction with a Toys for Tots drive at all Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources offices through November. For details, go to garnernc.gov.