Christmas Eve services
Plymouth Church will hold Christmas Eve services Dec. 24 at 11:30 am. and 11:30 p.m. at the church, 6104 Rock Service Station Road, Raleigh.
• The Town of Garner will not have solid-waste collection Thursday, Dec. 25 and Thursday, Jan. 1. During the two weeks in which those days fall, Thursday routes will receive Friday service, and Friday routes will receive Sunday service. Monday-Wednesday routes will be served on their regular schedules. For details, call the Public Works Department at 919-772-7600.
• The Johnston County Landfill and Solid Waste Convenience Centers will be closed Wednesday, Dec. 24, and Thursday, Dec. 25. They will return to their regular schedules Friday, Dec. 26. For details, call 919-938-4750.
• Johnston County offices will be closed Dec. 24-26 and Jan. 1.
• County offices, libraries, parks and the Animal Center will be closed Dec. 24 and 25.
• Solid waste convenience centers, multi-material/household hazardous centers and the East Wake Transfer Station will close at noon, while the South Wake Landfill will close at 1 p.m. Dec. 24. All of these services will be closed Dec. 25, and will reopen with normal operating hours Friday, Dec. 26.
• Capital Area Transit and TTA will not operate Dec. 25. Final bus departures from Moore Square will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 24. CAT routes will operate on the Sunday schedule Jan. 1. TTA will not operate Dec. 24.
• Triangle Transit bus, shuttle and express routes will not operate Dec. 24-25, and Jan. 1.
• ABC stores will be closed Dec. 25, Dec. 26 and Jan. 1.
• County libraries will close at 6 p.m. Dec. 31.
• County offices, libraries, parks, the Animal Center, multi-material/household hazardous centers, the South Wake Landfill and the East Wake Transfer Station will be closed Jan. 1.