Kingdom Harvest Church will celebrate its 6th church anniversary at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 26, at the Garner Civitan Center, 1005 Poole Drive, Garner. The 2015 theme is “Unleashed; Freed Up to Pursue My Destiny.” This year’s celebration will include live music from KHC’s worship team and guest psalmist Nedra Kay. For details, go to KingdomHarvestChurchNC.org.
Cancer support group
The Healing Hope Cancer Support Group will meet Monday, Feb. 16, at Mount Zion United Methodist Church, 15772 N.C. 50 North, Garner. The group offers support for those whose lives have been or are being affected by cancer. For details, go to MountZion-UMC.org.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Ash Wednesday service
Mount Zion United Methodist Church will host Ash Wednesday services at 6:30, 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 18, at 15772 N.C. 50 North, Garner. Each service will be 10-15 minutes long and will include the imposition of ashes and time for personal reflection. For details, go to MountZion-UMC.org
• Mount Moriah Preschool is accepting registration for the fall for ages 18 months to 4 years. Homeschool enrichment classes are also offered for kindergarten-5th grade children. Call 919-772-1273 or visitmountmoriahpreschool.net
for more information. The Johnston County public school’s calendar is followed.
• Highland Baptist Child Enrichment Center at 8524 Crowder Road, Raleigh is accepting registration for the fall for children ages 1 to 4. Call 919-779-6768 or visitHighlandBaptistChurch.org
• The Growing Place is a half-day preschool located at Aversboro Road Baptist Church, 1600 Aversboro Road, Garner. The preschool continues to accept registrations for its Fall 2014 program that serves infants through pre-K children.
• Saint Andrews United Methodist Church Preschool is accepting registration for the fall for toddlers through pre-K. Hours are 9:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. or 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 919-773-2606 or visitsaintandrewsumc.org
• Bethesda Baptist Church WEE Ones preschool will run from 9:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., beginning Sept. 2, at 4967 U.S. 70 Business, Clayton. Enroll atBethesdaClayton.com
or call 919-907-0933.
• Shiloh Baptist Church hosts GriefShare, DivorceCare and DivorceCare for Kids support groups at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner. There is no cost, and participants may enter at any session. Child care is available upon request. For more information, visitwww.shilohgarner.org
or call 919-553-3319.
• Mount Zion United Methodist Church’s Healing Hope Cancer Support Group will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month, in the Share & Care classroom at the church, 15772 N.C. 50, Garner. Emailjoanandbears@nc.rr.com
or call 919-550-9092.
• Sisters Sharing the Savior will study Isaiah using the Life Change Series as a guide from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. from Sept. 9 through mid-March at Christ Community United Methodist Church, 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton. Call 919-989-8974 for more information.
• Men’s Bible study of Johnston County continues a verse-by-verse study of the Gospel of St. Matthew 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays at First Baptist Church, 202 S. Fourth St., Smithfield. This study group runs through May. Visitwww.mbsjohnstoncounty.com