Ash Wednesday services
• Mount Zion United Methodist Church will hold Ash Wednesday services at 6, 6:30, 7:30 and 8 a.m. Wednesday, March 5, at 15772 N.C. 50, Garner. Each service will last 10 to 15 minutes and will include the imposition of ashes and time for personal reflection. For more information, visitwww.MountZion-UMC.org
• Lord of Life Lutheran Church will hold an Ash Wednesday liturgy at 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 5, at 2100 Buffaloe Road, Garner. The imposition of ashes will be held. A simple supper of soup and salad will take place at 6 p.m. Donations are welcome but not required.
Old fashion supper
Mt. Zion United Methodist Church will hold its annual old-fashioned supper from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday, March 8, in the fellowship Hall at 15772 N.C. 50, Garner. For $9 for adults and $4 for children ages 4 to 12, participants can enjoy country cooking including fried chicken, barbecue, ham, chicken and pastry, hot dogs, country-cooked vegetables and Southern staple desserts. Tickets can be purchased at the door or through the church office at 919-772-8415. For more information, email info@MountZion-UMC.org.
Garner United Methodist Church’s Kids’ Consignment Sale will take place from 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, March 14, and 8 to 11 a.m. Saturday, March 15. Prices will be 50 percent off from noon to 1 p.m. Saturday. Garner UMC is located at 201 Methodist Drive, Garner. For more information, call 919-772-2042 or visit www.GarnerUMC.org/consignment.
Pine straw sale
The Lord of Life Lutheran Church will sell long leaf pine straw from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, March 15, at 2100 Buffaloe Road, Garner. The pine straw will be $5 per 2.3 cubic foot bale. Proceeds will be donated to outreach ministries in the area. Call 919-779-7691.
• Shiloh Baptist Church hosts GriefShare and DivorceCare support groups from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner. There is no cost, and participants may enter at any session. Child care is available upon request. For more information, visitwww.shilohgarner.org
or call 919-553-3319.
• Mount Zion United Methodist Church, 15772 N.C. 50, Garner, will host a cancer support group from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. the third Monday of each month. The meetings take place in the Share & Care Classroom on the ground floor of the church. For more information, call 919-550-9092.
• The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints hosts a New Testament Bible study at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at 1433 Aversboro Road, Garner. The group is ongoing. For more information, visitmormonbiblestudy.wordpress.com
• Men’s Bible study of Johnston County continues a verse-by-verse study of the Gospel of St. Matthew 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays at First Baptist Church, 202 S. Fourth St., Smithfield. This study group runs through May. Visitwww.mbsjohnstoncounty.com