A concert will be presented at 7 p.m. on Dec. 21, at Lord of Life Lutheran Church, 2100 Buffaloe Road, adjacent to Lake Benson Park, in Garner. Brad Hunnicutt, music professor at Shaw University, and Erika Atchley, violinist with the N. C. Symphony will present “Sounds of Christmas.” A reception follows the program. Admission is free. Contact: 919-772-9044.
First Presbyterian Church is holding a candlelight service for families at 5 p.m. Dec. 24. A candlelight communion service will be at 10 p.m. The church is located at the corner of Lakeside Drive and N.C. 50 in Garner.
Christmas Eve service
Victory Church is celebrating a “Contemporary Christmas Eve Service” from 6 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 24, at 2825 S. Wilmington St., Raleigh. Refreshments provided. For more information, visit victorychurch.nu or call 919-779-5180.
Mount Zion United Methodist Church events
Mount Zion is located at 15772 N.C. 50 N in Garner. For more information call 919-772-8415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ The choir musical, Breath of Heaven, will be performed at 8:15, 9:30 and 11 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 20.
▪ A candlelight communion service will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 23.
▪ A family interactive service will be held at 4 p.m. Dec. 24 with costumes for children to wear and be part of the service. Candlelight Communion Service is at 8 p.m. and again at 10 p.m.
Feed My Sheep food pantry is open from 9 a.m. to noon on the second Saturday of each month at Christ Community United Methodist Church, 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton. The food is free to anyone presenting an ID card. For more information, call 919-553-9770.
▪ Mount Zion United Methodist Church’s Healing Hope Cancer Support Group meets from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month, in the Share & Care classroom at the church, 15772 N.C. 50, Garner. Email email@example.com or call 919-550-9092.
▪ Shiloh Baptist Church hosts GriefShare, DivorceCare and DivorceCare for Kids support groups at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner. There is no cost, and participants may enter at any session. Child care is available upon request. For more information, visit www.shilohgarner.org or call 919-553-3319.
Send announcements at least two weeks before the event to firstname.lastname@example.org.