The Wake Baptist Grove Youth Ministry’s Youth Explosion event is 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, July 23, at 302 E. Main St., Garner.
The program includes the youth choir, SWAG Praise Dance Ministry, Gospel Rap with Deacon Gary Rogers and inspirational messages from volunteers. There will also be a motorcycle display.
Vacation Bible schools
▪ Mt. Moriah Baptist Church vacation Bible school for ages 3 (potty trained) through completed 5th grade is set for July 18-22, from 9 a.m. to noon each day. The church is located between Garner and Clayton, at 3000 E. Garner Road, Raleigh. Registration can be completed on-site on the first day of VBS, July 18, by arriving at 8:45 a.m. The “Submerged”-themed VBS features music, worship rally, crafts, Bible lessons, snacks and recreation. A donation of $5 per child is appreciated. An offering will be received for Water the World mission.
▪ Blackman’s Grove Baptist Church’s vacation Bible school starts with dinner at 6 p.m. and VBS at 7 p.m. Sunday, July 17, through Thursday, July 21, at 1458 Wood-Lee Road, Four Oaks.
▪ “Cave Quest” vacation Bible school for ages 3-12 will be 5:30-8:15 p.m. Sunday, July 31, through Thursday, Aug. 4, at St. Andrews United Methodist Church, 1201 Maxwell Drive, Raleigh. To register for the free event, call the church office at 919-772-4410 or go to bit.ly/29zp10V.
▪ First Presbyterian Church of Garner’s “All Creatures Great and Small” is 6-8 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 7, through Tuesday, Aug. 9, at 503 Lakeside Drive. Vacation Bible school includes dinner, skits, lessons, crafts and games. For details, call 919-772-0727.
Feed My Sheep food pantry is open from 9 a.m. to noon on the second Saturday of each month at Christ Community United Methodist Church, 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton. The food is free to anyone presenting an ID card. For more information, call 919-553-9770.
▪ Mount Zion United Methodist Church’s Healing Hope Cancer Support Group meets from 6:30-7:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month in the Share & Care classroom at the church, 15772 N.C. 50, Garner. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-550-9092.
▪ Shiloh Baptist Church hosts GriefShare, DivorceCare and DivorceCare for Kids support groups at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner.
Send announcements at least two weeks before the event to email@example.com.