Hands on Triangle
Hands on Triangle presents volunteer opportunities in Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill. For information and other ways to volunteer, visit www.handsontriangle.org or call 919-613-5105.
▪ Animal Kind needs photographers to take adorable pictures of their dogs and cats for new greeting cards.
▪ Heartland Hospice needs volunteers to support patients and their families. Office help is also needed.
▪ Join the Red Cross Disaster Action Team and provide assistance to those affected by everyday disasters.
▪ Meals on Wheels: The program needs regular and substitute drivers to deliver meals.
▪ Senior assistance: Help the activity director at the UniHealth Post-Acute Care Facility, 2420 Lake Wheeler Road, Raleigh.
▪ Habitat for Humanity: Volunteer as a member of the Hospitality Team or help build or deconstruct homes.
▪ Crisis Center: Answer phones, conduct interviews and lend a caring ear at the Crisis Center at North Raleigh Ministries, 9650 Strickland Road, Raleigh.
▪ National Students of AMF is looking for several highly motivated community leaders to join its existing board of directors. The mission of National Students of AMF (studentsofamf.org) is to support college students grieving the illness or death of a loved one.
▪ Commit two hours weekly to “Adopt a Grandparent” through the Volunteer Center’s Friendly Visitor program.
Activate Good is a volunteer center that connects individuals, groups, and companies with hundreds of charities around the Triangle. For information and to view volunteer opportunities, visit www.activategood.org.
Read and Feed
Read and Feed is looking for volunteer reading tutors for program sites in North Raleigh. The group works with elementary students in Wake County schools through mobile classrooms or facility-based sites. Interested volunteers should sign up online at www.readandfeed.org.
SAFE Haven for Cats
SAFE Haven for Cats needs volunteers to help care for cats at its facility at 8431-137 Garvey Drive, Raleigh. Shifts are from 10 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday and from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. Email volunteer@SafeHavenForCats.org, or visit SafeHavenForCats.org for more information.
Foster homes for cats
Snowflake Animal Rescue, a nonprofit group, is seeking foster homes for cats in need. For more information, go to www.snowflakerescue.org or call 919-990-2478.
Second Chance pet rescue
Second Chance Pet Adoptions seeks volunteers to assist at its no-kill shelter. Clean cat rooms, wash dogs and offer foster care. For more information, visit www.secondchancenc.org or call 919-851-8404.
Hospice volunteers needed
Liberty Home Care & Hospice needs volunteers to help care for its residents. Liberty serves Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Knightdale, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Wendell and Zebulon. For information, go to www.libertyhomecare.com.
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
The Inter-Faith Food Shuttle seeks volunteers for activities. Get your hands dirty at the teaching farm, deliver food to people in need or lead cooking classes and demonstrations. For information, visit www.foodshuttle.org.
The English as a Second Language program seeks volunteers to help teach English as a second language, as well as program outreach. Knowledge of another language is not required to participate. For information, contact the program office at 919-996-6844 or email the volunteer coordinator at email@example.com.
Special Olympics Wake County seeks volunteers to help during training and competitive events. Volunteers assist as event officials, athlete escorts, coaches, award presenters and more. For more information or to volunteer, visit www.raleighnc.gov or call Recreation Program Manager Brian Philpot at 919-996-2111.
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
The Carolinas chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is looking for volunteers to help with fundraising and events. For more information, call 919-845-2155 or visit www.cff.org/Chapters/carolinas.
SPCA of Wake County
The SPCA of Wake County needs volunteers for various activities at adoption centers and events. For more information, visit www.spcawake.org.
The Center for Volunteer Caregiving needs volunteers to drive seniors to appointments, four to eight hours per month. Call 919-460-0567 or visit www.volunteercaregiving.org to volunteer.
Send Volunteer Notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.