Activate Good is a volunteer center that connects individuals, groups and companies with hundreds of charities around the Triangle. For information and to view other volunteer opportunities, go to www.activategood.org.
▪ Child care assistants are needed at Wake County Human Services on July 17 to babysit children up to age 4 while their mothers participate in graduation from an educational program. Volunteers must be 18 or older. Go to www.activategood.org/opportunity/1841.
▪ Volunteers are needed weekly to set up and cook for an outdoor cookout at StepUp Ministry. Go to http://activategood.org/opportunity/1900.
▪ Volunteers are needed to visit the Operation Seed to Harvest garden occasionally to help weed, seasonally plant and carry out other routine maintenance. Go to http://activategood.org/opportunity/1912.
▪ A chef or culinary expert is needed to serve on the board of directors for A Place at the Table, a startup cafe with the mission of providing a healthy meal and fellowship to everyone regardless of financial means. Go to http://activategood.org/opportunity/1911.
▪ Animal lovers are needed to help plan community awareness events for AnimalKind such as a cook-off, doggie fashion show and Halloween celebration. Go to http://activategood.org/opportunity/1910.
▪ Volunteers are needed for Genesis Home’s Circles of Support Committee to help mobilize volunteer groups, plan special events, develop a quarterly newsletter and more. Go to http://activategood.org/opportunity/1907.
▪ Law enforcement support volunteers are needed to ensure Mothers Against Drunk Driving is providing optimal support for law enforcement at sobriety checkpoints, speak about the importance of these checkpoints and more. Go to http://activategood.org/opportunity/1898.
▪ The Hope Center at Pullen needs volunteers to tutor young people aging out of foster care by providing homework help and promoting positive academic habits. Go to http://activategood.org/opportunity/1881.
▪ Social media coordinators are needed on a weekly basis to manage The Green Chair Project’s website, Facebook and Instagram accounts. Go to http://activategood.org/opportunity/1630.
▪ Library organizers are needed at Rising Star Christian Academy to install shelving in the library and organize library books and resources. Go to https://activategood.org/opportunity/1812.
Hands on Triangle
Hands on Triangle presents volunteer opportunities in Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill. For information and other ways to volunteer, visit www.handsontriangle.org or call 919-613-5105.
▪ Animal Kind needs photographers to take pictures of dogs and cats for new greeting cards.
▪ Heartland Hospice needs volunteers to support patients and their families. Office help is also needed.
▪ Join the Red Cross Disaster Action Team and provide assistance to those affected by everyday disasters.
▪ Meals on Wheels: The program needs regular and substitute drivers to deliver meals.
▪ Senior assistance: Help the activity director at the UniHealth Post-Acute Care Facility, 2420 Lake Wheeler Road, Raleigh.
▪ Habitat for Humanity: Volunteer as a member of the Hospitality Team or help build or deconstruct homes.
▪ Crisis Center: Answer phones, conduct interviews and lend a caring ear at the Crisis Center at North Raleigh Ministries, 9650 Strickland Road, Raleigh.
▪ National Students of AMF is looking for several highly motivated community leaders to join its existing board of directors. The mission of National Students of AMF (studentsofamf.org) is to support college students grieving the illness or death of a loved one.
▪ Commit two hours weekly to “Adopt a Grandparent” through the Volunteer Center’s Friendly Visitor program.
Downtown Raleigh Alliance
The Downtown Raleigh Alliance is looking for volunteers to help with the PNC Downtown Raleigh Movie Series from 6 to 10:30 p.m. Fridays through June 26. The events are in City Plaza on the 400 block of Fayetteville St. For details, contact Jean Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wake Forest seeks volunteers
The town of Wake Forest is looking for volunteers to greet visitors from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at town hall, 301 S. Brooks St. Volunteers are expected to work at least two three-hour shifts per month. They must participate in mandatory training and submit a background check form.
Applications are available at the first-floor customer information desk at town hall and online at www.wakeforestnc.gov/volunteer.aspx. Completed forms may be mailed or delivered to Wake Forest Town Hall, 301 S. Brooks St., Wake Forest, NC 27587; or faxed to 919-435-9489.
For details, go to www.wakeforestnc.gov/guest-services-volunteers.aspx or call 919-435-9400.
Lutheran Services Carolinas Refugee Resettlement
Lutheran Services Carolinas Refugee Resettlement is looking for volunteers to help refugees adjust to their new lives in the Raleigh community. For details, contact Robert Evans at 501-940-3939 or email@example.com
Read and Feed
Read and Feed is looking for volunteer reading tutors for program sites in North Raleigh. The group works with elementary students in Wake County schools through mobile classrooms or facility-based sites. Interested volunteers should sign up online at www.readandfeed.org.
SAFE Haven for Cats
SAFE Haven for Cats needs volunteers to help care for cats at its facility at 8431-137 Garvey Drive, Raleigh. Shifts are from 10 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday and from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. Email volunteer@SafeHavenForCats.org, or visit SafeHavenForCats.org for more information.
Foster homes for cats
Snowflake Animal Rescue, a nonprofit group, is seeking foster homes for cats in need. For more information, go to www.snowflakerescue.org or call 919-990-2478.
Second Chance pet rescue
Second Chance Pet Adoptions seeks volunteers to assist at its no-kill shelter. Clean cat rooms, wash dogs and offer foster care. For more information, visit www.secondchancenc.org or call 919-851-8404.
Hospice volunteers needed
Liberty Home Care & Hospice needs volunteers to help care for its residents. Liberty serves Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Knightdale, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Wendell and Zebulon. For information, go to www.libertyhomecare.com.
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
The Inter-Faith Food Shuttle seeks volunteers for activities. Get your hands dirty at the teaching farm, deliver food to people in need or lead cooking classes and demonstrations. For information, visit www.foodshuttle.org.
The English as a Second Language program seeks volunteers to help teach English as a second language, as well as program outreach. Knowledge of another language is not required to participate. For information, contact the program office at 919-996-6844 or email the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Olympics Wake County seeks volunteers to help during training and competitive events. Volunteers assist as event officials, athlete escorts, coaches, award presenters and more. For more information or to volunteer, visit www.raleighnc.gov or call Recreation Program Manager Brian Philpot at 919-996-2111.
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
The Carolinas chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is looking for volunteers to help with fundraising and events. For more information, call 919-845-2155 or visit www.cff.org/Chapters/carolinas.
SPCA of Wake County
The SPCA of Wake County needs volunteers for various activities at adoption centers and events. For more information, visit www.spcawake.org.
The Center for Volunteer Caregiving needs volunteers to drive seniors to appointments, four to eight hours per month. Call 919-460-0567 or visit www.volunteercaregiving.org to volunteer.
Send Volunteer Notes to email@example.com.