Preschool Story Time
Barnes & Noble hosts story time for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 3-6 p.m. Wednesdays in Centennial Square at the corner of North Main and East Academy streets, Fuquay-Varina. For details, visit www.growers-market.org.
Holly Springs Community Band open rehearsal
The public is invited to listen to the Holly Springs Community Band rehearse from 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. For more information, go to www.hollyspringsband.net.
Explore A Story
Bass Lake Park will host story time and nature exploration for kids from 10-11 a.m. at 900 Bass Lake Road, Holly Springs. Each child must be accompanied by an adult. Registration is required. To register, call 919-557-2496.
Follow Me 2 Fuquay-Varina concert
The band Crush will perform from 6-9 p.m. at the corner of North Main and East Academy streets, Fuquay-Varina. The show is part of a concert series the third Thursday of each month.
Little German Band concert
The Little German Band will perform in concert outside the Page-Walker Arts & History Center from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. Admission is free. For details, go to www.sistercitiesofcary.org.
African-American Book Group
The African-American Book Group will meet to discuss “The Returned” by Jason Mott at 7 p.m. at Barnes & Noble, 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
The Page-Walker Arts & History Center will host receptions for artwork by Sigrid Hice and Anne Atkinson from 6-8 p.m. at 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary.
‘Etta Mae’s Worst Bad-Luck Day’
Ann B. Ross will discuss and sign her new book, “Etta Mae’s Worst Bad-Luck Day,” at 7 p.m. at Barnes & Noble, 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
• The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. For details, go towww.caryfarmersmarket.com
• The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open from 8 a.m. to noon at 1225 Morrisville-Carpenter Road, Cary. For details, go towww.westernwakefarmersmarket.org
• The Holly Springs Farmers Market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in downtown Holly Springs. For details, go towww.hollyspringsnc.us
• The Apex Farmers Market is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 220 N. Salem St., Apex. For details, go towww.apexfarmersmarket.weebly.com
• The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Centennial Square at the corner of North Main and East Academy streets. For details, go towww.growers-market.org
Cary’s 38th annual Lazy Daze Arts and Crafts Festival will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. downtown. For details, go to www.townofcary.org.