Plunge, Pedal and Plod
Cary-based nonprofit Fit & Able Productions’ Plunge, Pedal and Plod will begin with check-in at 6 a.m. and a triathlon from 7-10 a.m. at the Triangle Aquatic Center, 275 Convention Drive, Cary. Registration the day of the triathlon costs $70 per person and $100 per relay team. One-day USA Triathlon membership costs $10 for ages 17 and younger and $12 for ages 18 and older. For details and registration, go to www.sportoften.com.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
A blood drive for the American Red Cross will be from 1-5:30 p.m. at The Bridge Community Church, 6010 McCrimmon Parkway, Morrisville. Donors must be 17 or older and weigh at least 110 pounds. To make an appointment, go to www.redcrossblood.org.
Toddler Story Time
Barnes & Noble hosts story time for toddlers at 10 a.m. Tuesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
Barnes & Noble will host story time for kids with “Peanut Butter & Cupcake” by Terry Border at 11 a.m. at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
Cary Downtown Farmers Market
The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open from 2-6 p.m. Tuesdays at 135 W. Chatham St. For details, go to www.caryfarmersmarket.com.
Preschool Story Time
Barnes & Noble hosts story time for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 3-6 p.m. Wednesdays in Centennial Square at the corner of North Main and East Academy streets, Fuquay-Varina. For details, visit www.growers-market.org.
Holly Springs Community Band open rehearsal
The public is invited to listen to the Holly Springs Community Band rehearse from 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. For more information, go to www.hollyspringsband.net.
A blood drive for the American Red Cross will be from 3:30-8 p.m. at Apex Martial Arts School KiDoKwan, 2171 N. Salem St. Donors must be 17 or older and weigh at least 110 pounds. To make an appointment, go to www.redcrossblood.org.
The Cary Arts Center will host a reception for “In Clothes We Remember” by Jan-Ru Wan from 6-8 p.m. at 101 Dry Ave.
• The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. Singer and songwriter Buddy West will perform. For details, go towww.caryfarmersmarket.com
• The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open from 8 a.m. to noon at 1225 Morrisville-Carpenter Road, Cary. For details, go towww.westernwakefarmersmarket.org
• The Holly Springs Farmers Market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in downtown Holly Springs. The Little Sprouts Activity Center will host an environmental education day. For details, go towww.hollyspringsnc.us
• The Apex Farmers Market is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 220 N. Salem St., Apex. For details, go towww.apexfarmersmarket.weebly.com
• The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Centennial Square at the corner of North Main and East Academy streets. For details, go towww.growers-market.org