A Doorway to Hope
A Doorway to Hope will host a fundraiser for its Crisis Fund from 6-9 p.m. at the Academy Street Bistro, 200 S. Academy St., Cary. The Crisis Fund benefits working, low-income families. Registration costs $75. To register, go to bit.ly/1sD5T5B. For information about A Doorway to Hope, go to www.facebook.com/adoorwaytohope.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Architectural Building Design Standards
Cary invites the public to community meetings on possible updates to the town’s Architectural Building Design Standards from 3-5 p.m. and 6:30-8:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 27, at the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary.
Toddler Story Time
Barnes & Noble hosts story time for toddlers at 10 a.m. Tuesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
Cary Downtown Farmers Market
The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open from 2-6 p.m. Tuesdays at 135 W. Chatham St. For details, go to www.caryfarmersmarket.com.
Preservation Speaker Series
The Friends of the Page-Walker Hotel will host “More Mysteries and Secrets: Exploring Cary-Area Cemeteries” at 7:30 p.m. at 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary. For details, go to www.friendsofpagewalker.org.
Preschool Story Time
Barnes & Noble hosts story time for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 3-6 p.m. Wednesdays in Centennial Square at the corner of North Main and East Academy streets. For details, visit www.growers-market.org.
Holly Springs Community Band open rehearsal
The public is invited to listen to the Holly Springs Community Band rehearse from 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. For information, go to www.hollyspringsband.net.
A blood drive will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Four Oaks Bank, 201 W. Center St., Holly Springs. For details or to sign up, call 919-567-3888 or go to mysignup.com/fouroaks.
• The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. For details, go towww.caryfarmersmarket.com
• The Western Wake Farmers’ Market’s annual Fall Craft Fair will be from 8 a.m. to noon at 1225 Morrisville-Carpenter Road, Cary. For details, go towww.westernwakefarmersmarket.org
• The Holly Springs Farmers Market is open 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in downtown Holly Springs. For details, go towww.hollyspringsnc.us
• The Apex Farmers Market is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 220 N. Salem St., Apex. For details, go towww.apexfarmersmarket.weebly.com
• The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Centennial Square at the corner of North Main and East Academy streets. For details, go towww.growers-market.org