Holly Springs Garden Club
The Holly Springs Garden Club meets from 7-9 p.m. the second Wednesday of the month at Bass Lake Park, 900 Bass Lake Road. The club’s activities include plant exchanges, field trips, speakers and gardening projects. For details, go to www.hollyspringsgardenclubnc.com.
The five Rotary clubs of Cary will host a Memory Café for people with Alzheimer’s, people with dementia and caregivers from 4:30-6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 18, at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place. There will be dinner, music and dancing. Reservations are required, and each guest must be accompanied by a family member or friend. To RSVP, call Brian Blum at 919-233-0075.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
DAR Asbury Station Chapter/Cary
DAR Asbury Station Chapter/Cary meets at 10 a.m. the third Wednesday of the month in the multipurpose room at Glenaire Retirement Community, 4000 Glenaire Circle, Cary. For details, go to www.ncdar.org/AsburyStationChapter.htm.
Lupus support group
The Lupus Foundation of America, North Carolina Chapter will host a support group for people with lupus, their family and caregivers from 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 20, in the Waters Edge Office Park conference room, 4917 Waters Edge Drive, suite 250, Raleigh. For details, call 877-849-8271, extension 2, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.lupusnc.org.
Fuquay-Varina Garden Club
The Fuquay-Varina Garden Club will meet at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of the month at 602 N. Ennis St. For details, go to fuquayvarinagardenclub.weebly.com.
Holly Springs Newcomers and Friends Club
The Holly Springs Newcomers and Friends Club meets from 9:30-11:30 a.m. the first Thursday of the month, from September through May, at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. For details, go to www.hollyspringsnewcomers.com.
• The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet every other Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details:www.perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org
• The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets from 5:30-6:45 p.m. Thursdays at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road in Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details:techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org
• The Downtown Fuquay-Varina Rotary Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at 405 Broad St., Fuquay-Varina. New members and visitors are welcome. For details, go towww.F-VdowntownRotaryclub.org
• The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-1040.
• Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. Details:www.cary-kildairerotaryclub.org
• The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Details: 919-522-0104 orwww.carypagerotary.org
The Cary Blanketeers meet from 10 a.m. to noon the first and third Wednesday of the month at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Blankets are donated to Project Linus and Loved Twice. For details, email email@example.com.
Holly Springs Writer’s Guild
Published and aspiring authors are invited to the Holly Springs Writer’s Guild from 6-7 p.m. the third Wednesday of the month in the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. RSVP at www.meetup.com/Holly-Springs-Writers-Guild.
Cary Playwrights’ Forum
The Cary Playwrights’ Forum meets at 7 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month in the second-floor conference room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Meetings are open to anyone who is writing a play or interested in learning about writing plays. For information, contact Phil Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to www.caryplaywrightsforum.org.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard, bass and guitar musicians to practice with the band from 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Some positions are available for aspiring, talented and mature junior- and senior-level high school musicians. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: Betty Obremski at 919-859-5810 or email@example.com.
The Apex Lions meet at 6:45 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. The Apex Lions support local charities with a special emphasis on the visually impaired. Call Nick Somma at 919-481-1888, or go to www.apexlions.org.
• Homewatch Caregivers of the Triangle is an in-home companion and personal care agency. The support group meets on the third Thursday of each month at Cambridge of Apex. For information, call 919-960-6038.
• Family Caregiver Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at Woodland Terrace Senior Living Community, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive, Cary. For information, call 919-465-0356.
Fuquay-Varina Garden Club
The Fuquay-Varina Garden Club meets at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at 602 N. Ennis St. For more information, go to fuquayvarinagardenclub.weebly.com. August through May
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cary Leads Group
The Cary Leads Group meets for networking with business owners and professionals from 9:45-11 a.m. Thursdays in the second-floor workshop at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Meetings start at 10 a.m. For details, go to caryleadsgroup.net.
VFW Post 7383
• The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
• The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details:www.caryvfw.org
Keep Fit Club
Keep Fit uses the Power 90 Extreme home-fitness program to support members through their weight-loss journeys. The club meets from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Connections Event Center, 1280 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: 919-324-6828.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Quarter Note Music hosts an open-mic event from 6-9 p.m. Fridays at 1583 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-3939.
Morrisville Community Garden
The Morrisville Community Garden is planning, planting and seeking members to join the garden. Anyone interested can visit the garden from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 219 Church St. Details: email@example.com or www.morrisvillegarden.org.
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of the Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. Details: Call Mary Ann at 919-779-2101.
The Moms Offering Moms Support of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.