Firefighters said a child playing with a microwave oven caused a fire in a home at 208 Cushman St. early Friday.
The kitchen of the house was burning when the first firefighters arrived, Deputy Chief Chris Iannuzzi said.
The fire was out in about five minutes, Iannuzzi said, but did major damage to the kitchen and sent smoke through the rest of the one-story home.
Firefighters got the call shortly after midnight.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.