Fire investigators say an accidental blaze that stemmed from an outdoor fireplace displaced four people in North Raleigh early Sunday morning.
At about 1:18 a.m., firefighters responded to a single-story home at 1200 Westmoreland Drive, where a fire was spreading from the home’s rear covered porch into its living and attic spaces.
It took about 45 minutes for nearly 40 firefighters to get the fire under control. No firefighters were injured, but one person who lived in the home had minor hand burns from trying to put the fire out, according to a Raleigh Fire Department incident report. The person who was injured was not taken to the hospital.
About 80 percent of the home was damaged, according to the incident report.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.