Crime

Durham man charged with shooting victim in $50 Raleigh robbery

Joseph Stephen Kendall
Joseph Stephen Kendall CCBI

Police arrested a 22-year-old Durham man Wednesday evening on charges that he shot a man at a house and stole $50 from him one afternoon earlier this month.

Joseph Stephen Kendall was taken into custody at a restaurant on New Bern Avenue on charges in a warrant that police obtained Jan. 4, hours after the attack.

Aaron Bullock, 27, was shot in the leg while he was in the 800 block of Bunche Drive, police said at the time. He was found wounded inside a house there.

The arrest warrant said Kendall used a .380-caliber handgun to shoot Bullock.

Wake County booking records list Kendall as living on Harrier Court in Durham.

Kendall was held in lieu of $250,000 bail after his arrest.

The charges in the arrest warrant were robbery with a dangerous weapon and assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.

Ron Gallagher: 919-829-4572, @RPGKT

  Comments