Wake County schools are canceled Saturday, which was set to be a makeup day for the majority of year-round students.
Students who attend year-round schools on tracks one, two and three were supposed to make up a snow day on Saturday, but Wake announced Friday evening that schools will be canceled. Wake schools have been closed since Wednesday because of snow and ice.
Year-round students on tracks one, two and three will make up Saturday’s snow day on Saturday, March 24.
Here’s a rundown of all makeup days for Wake students:
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Students who attend schools on a traditional calendar will make up the days Jan. 22, Feb. 19, March 29 and June 11.
Monday, Jan. 22, and Monday, Feb. 19, were supposed to be teacher workdays. Thursday, March 29, was also a scheduled teacher workday and the start of spring break for students. Monday, June 11, would have marked the first full week of summer vacation for students.
▪ Students who attend year-round schools on track one, two or three are scheduled to go to class March 24, April, 7, April 14. All of those are Saturdays. A fourth makeup day has not yet been decided, said schools spokeswoman Lisa Luten.
▪ Students who attend year-round schools on track four will not have to make up the days.
▪ Students who attend modified-calendar schools will go to class Monday, Feb. 19, and Monday, March 12, but will not have to make up the other two days.
▪ Students who attend the leadership academies will go to class Monday, Feb. 19, and Monday, April 2, but will not have to make up the other two days.
▪ Students who attend Wake STEM Early College will go to class Monday, Feb. 19, Monday, April 2, and Tuesday, April 3, but will not have to make up a fourth day.
▪ Students who attend Vernon Malone, Wake Early College of Health Sciences and North Wake College and Career Academy will go to class Friday, March 9, Thursday, March 29 and Friday, April 13, but will not have to make up a fourth day.
Any more than two additional snow days would cut further into spring break or the start of summer vacation.